Wireless FM Transmitter

Guest RussellH

Guest RussellH

Hello everyone.

My latest little toy is a wireless FM transmitter, which along the lines of an I-trip, allows you to play music from the Kaiser onto a radio frequency for listening on your car stereo. This one's listed as good for the Kaiser, as its comes with an adapter that lets you connect a charger and the the transmitter into the socket on the phone. Both appear to work Ok, but my question is about handling telephone calls when this is connected. I can hear callers or anyone I'm calling through the radio too, but they can't hear me, as it seems to disconnect the microphone. The voice dialing also won't pick up anything. Does this mean I have to disconect everything everytime a call comes in or if I want to make a call, or is there a better solution?

Guest Swampie

I had this issue with my old Wizard - connecting in the headphones makes the phone think you're using a wired hands-free kit, thus disables the mic. What you need is to wire in a mic into the connector providing audio-out and ppower - quite possibly not possible with the how it's made.

Guest RussellH
I had this issue with my old Wizard - connecting in the headphones makes the phone think you're using a wired hands-free kit, thus disables the mic. What you need is to wire in a mic into the connector providing audio-out and ppower - quite possibly not possible with the how it's made.

Thanks for the reply Swampie. I'll see if I can get another splitter and see if I can add a microphone to the input. I've also got an old Parrot bluetooth hands free thing, so I wonder if that'll still work if I've got the transmitter connected. I'll give that a try too!

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone.

My latest little toy is a wireless FM transmitter, which along the lines of an I-trip, allows you to play music from the Kaiser onto a radio frequency for listening on your car stereo. This one's listed as good for the Kaiser, as its comes with an adapter that lets you connect a charger and the the transmitter into the socket on the phone. Both appear to work Ok, but my question is about handling telephone calls when this is connected. I can hear callers or anyone I'm calling through the radio too, but they can't hear me, as it seems to disconnect the microphone. The voice dialing also won't pick up anything. Does this mean I have to disconect everything everytime a call comes in or if I want to make a call, or is there a better solution?

Hi RusellH,

Could you please explain in more detail how do you do this? I was looking for crappy mp3 modulator thing, but if this works, should be great.

Thanks.

Guest gregersdk

You could buy a Bluetooth thingy for your radio, which can play your music and getting calls over the car stereo... I know some (very expensive) Pioneer car radios have this function in-built...