How often do you use "close all programs"?

Guest Foxhunter123

Guest Foxhunter123

As a former S/E P900 owner and thereby a total newbie in Windows Mobile and with Tytn 2 I sometimes think I'm using the Tytn2 in the "wrong way" - not doing hte "services" that are needed for the phone to work in its best ways.

Today I wanted to make a call and I couldn't get a connetion to the net but it just said the 3 "blimps" and said the call was over before it had started... I then used close all programs and there were no problems at all...? (Just for the record I tried some other numbers before I closed all programs and they connected without problems so maybe it was a "faulty" number or...?)

So what I'm also asking for is if there are things you just need to do to keep the Tytn 2 fit (on the P900 you simply had to use Sman to get it to work ok)

By the way sometimes when I speak to people I get a loud "electrical hissing sound" - could this be due to inproper coverage in the area I was at the time? (Is there a way to check if the speaker quality is at its best? Back in the Nokia 3310 days you could activate EFR... But I don't know if this is something today...? ;-)

Many questions - but if there are someone who knows the answers it must be the nice people here in Modaco :-)

Guest gregersdk
As a former S/E P900 owner and thereby a total newbie in Windows Mobile and with Tytn 2 I sometimes think I'm using the Tytn2 in the "wrong way" - not doing hte "services" that are needed for the phone to work in its best ways.

Today I wanted to make a call and I couldn't get a connetion to the net but it just said the 3 "blimps" and said the call was over before it had started... I then used close all programs and there were no problems at all...? (Just for the record I tried some other numbers before I closed all programs and they connected without problems so maybe it was a "faulty" number or...?)

So what I'm also asking for is if there are things you just need to do to keep the Tytn 2 fit (on the P900 you simply had to use Sman to get it to work ok)

By the way sometimes when I speak to people I get a loud "electrical hissing sound" - could this be due to inproper coverage in the area I was at the time? (Is there a way to check if the speaker quality is at its best? Back in the Nokia 3310 days you could activate EFR... But I don't know if this is something today...? ;-)

Many questions - but if there are someone who knows the answers it must be the nice people here in Modaco :-)

Firstly, about the high electrical sound... I tried that too when calling a certain number, and at the end it went so bad, I had to hang up..

About closing all programs, it is never a good idea to have unnecessesary programs running, so I always close programs I have no use for. Doing that you should never have problems on the speed part. Well, I've never had...

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

You can set it so that when you hit the X it actually closes the program instead of just minimizing it. I finally switched to this after I was constantly using the Close all programs thing. I've found that allowing Activesync to run seems to help my Kaiser work correctly.

Guest Transform

most programs dont close when you hit the X in the top right. you have to go into the programs explorer thing in the top right of the today screen to close them all.

Guest shootydogthing
most programs dont close when you hit the X in the top right. you have to go into the programs explorer thing in the top right of the today screen to close them all.

Or press and hold it...

The Tytn II's my first WM device - previously I had a string of UIQ phones, from the P800 through the P910 to the more recent (and unstable) M600i. I was quite religious about closing programs, especially in the M600i where it was really required (the memory on that whole line of early UIQ3 phones was far too small) and to begin with I carried that over to the Kaiser, but I've since gotten lazier. Although I do usually clear it off at least once a day, the length of the list of running programs often surprises me - you can really have an awful lot going on in the background without it causing any kind of issue, in my experience. I've never had any kind of out-of-memory error either, which used to be fairly common in all the UIQ phones.

Guest Shuflie
Or press and hold it...

Or just do as ScrewlooseAZ suggested and set programs to close when the button is hit, to do this open settings and in the system tab open X-Button to change its default actions.

Guest Transform
Or just do as ScrewlooseAZ suggested and set programs to close when the button is hit, to do this open settings and in the system tab open X-Button to change its default actions.

nice one thanks alot :)