MSN Messenger

Guest kidinspace

Guest kidinspace

I have an E650 on Orange and i work in an Orange shop so i do have the joy of playing with most of the SPV's / or HTC's as they are now branded. From this i have noticed that the Touch, now discontinued, has Windows Live software installed on the device, this is something i would prefer to have on my E650 as the web based system isn't always great. Is there anyway to add this to the device, i have trawled the web to see if there is anywhere to get it from but it would seem not. It would appear to me that it is only on WM6 Pro or equivilent.

Any ideas guys? Is it somehting that can be taken somehow from one of these devices and put on mine?

Also having never had either the HTC S710 / S730 versions i don't know if they come with it.

.G.

Guest xavalon
I have an E650 on Orange and i work in an Orange shop so i do have the joy of playing with most of the SPV's / or HTC's as they are now branded. From this i have noticed that the Touch, now discontinued, has Windows Live software installed on the device, this is something i would prefer to have on my E650 as the web based system isn't always great. Is there anyway to add this to the device, i have trawled the web to see if there is anywhere to get it from but it would seem not. It would appear to me that it is only on WM6 Pro or equivilent.

Any ideas guys? Is it somehting that can be taken somehow from one of these devices and put on mine?

Also having never had either the HTC S710 / S730 versions i don't know if they come with it.

.G.

If you are able to firmware upgrade your device you could install the Dutch Orange SPV650 firmware (which includes the English language). This firmware has the messenger inside.

Guest sinet2020

HI,

I had installed MSN messenger on my E650. I got it from Technet i think.

Strange thing is I got the phone in may 07 and installed messenger many times. The first phone broke a couple of months ago so i got a replacement from Orange insurance. This phone has some updates. Nothing major at first, main thing was different pictures for different profiles. THEN I tried to install MSN. It just wont install! I get unsucessful messages and no installation.

Aparantly Orange frown on the use of IM applications.

Is it true the HT models have SIPgate technology working?

Cheers

Sinet2020

Guest mstephenson

.G.

The HTC S710 certainly comes with MSN (or Windows Live Messenger as it's now called) already installed. This was one of the reasons I went for the HTC version rather than Orange. I know people on here have managed to get msn on their E650's but I went for the S710 as I knew it would work straight away out of the box.

Guest jporch316

yes it can be done

done it on my e650 - (must be application unlocked) - and you have to find the cab file (took me hours of scouring google)

let me know if you cant find it

the only irritating thing i find with it is if you use it with wifi - when the screen timeouts so does the wifi connection. - when you bring the screen back to life gprs takes over the connection - apart from that its alright