Playing VIDEO files on Vario III

Guest xtreme__boi

Guest xtreme__boi

Hey,

Been a while posting, as I have only now got my Vario III back from a nearly 2 month repair. Long story, but glad to have the thing back, lol!

Recently took delivery of a 6GB microSDHC card, from Play.com @ £29.99. With a load of memory to spare, is it possible to play VIDEO files, and watch them on your Vario III?

As I just tried it, and it didn't seem to work?

:)

Guest whatmeworry

Yeah, Windows Media Player won't play a whole raft of file types so you'll either need to convert your files (I use SPB Mobile DVD for this and it works a treat) or use a different app (such as TCPMP) on your phone to play them (or indeed a combination of the 2 to get the best results).

This is the sure-fire method of watching .avi files on your PPC, or Smartphone for that matter, FOR FREE

Use PocketDivXEncoder to shrink your .avi to a more phone-friendly size, and watch it, as stated above, with TCPMP.

Both are free, and excellent apps.

P.S. You could just copy the avi over in it's original (probably 700MB) form but playback sometimes stutters like this, PocketDivXEncoder will shrink the movie to around half the size, and your playback will be perfect. And you'll fit much more on your card to boot :)

Edited by mandt