IR adapter for Mini USB?

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

Anyone ever heard of a Infra Red mini usb device? Or something similar that could possible be used with a Kaiser? All the USB IR devices I have seen appear to be made for Laptops ect.

I was just wondering because I found out I could use a software program on PPC with IR port for work instead of carrying around another seperate device. And the software would be about $90 cheaper per month.

Anyone ever heard of a Infra Red mini usb device? Or something similar that could possible be used with a Kaiser? All the USB IR devices I have seen appear to be made for Laptops ect.

I was just wondering because I found out I could use a software program on PPC with IR port for work instead of carrying around another seperate device. And the software would be about $90 cheaper per month.

No they dont make anything like that, your best bet would be to get a phone with IR built in. what i dont get is IR is used just to connect to another machine/transfer files. why dont you just use the usb cable or use the bluetooth? do you have a link to the software i would like more information on what your really tryin to do?

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

There is no other way to connect to the device, Only IR. Basically the software allows the phone to unlock a lock box, where without the software you need another device to do it.

Why they chose IR instead of Bluetooth or Wifi is beyond me.

your best bet is to just buy some older phone with IR. you can pick up the e200 on ebay for only a couple bucks. make sure you go to ebay.co.uk , the .com site has none.