SIP Controller?

Guest rebecker

Guest rebecker

Is there a piece of software that will give me control over the SIP setting in WM6 after a soft reset? I'd like to have it default to ZoomBoard.

Thanks in advance.

-Bob-

Guest dolbe666
Is there a piece of software that will give me control over the SIP setting in WM6 after a soft reset? I'd like to have it default to ZoomBoard.

Thanks in advance.

-Bob-

Ive tried several keeboard apps and there is a couple of things ive noticed,

1: using more than one app will gove you problems so just stick to the one you like the best

2: out of all of them resco keyboard pro is the best at staying as default after reset, but its still best to keep just one and the new resco keyboard pro 5.0 has the same type of keyboard input as the zoomboard but with a few added features the zoomboard doesnt have.

hers the link for resco keyboard pro 5.0 http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/keyboard/downloads.asp

download the trial and see if you like it.

Edited by dolbe666

Guest chucky.egg

I want to be able to set the HTC Keyboard as default on my Touch

I've tried the DEFAULT_IM_WM5.cab, but it didn't work (still defaulted to Keyboard) and changing it manually in the registry made the device hang at the HTC logo screen.

Any tips?

Same here, tried the above app, also tried SIPChange

Both don't seem to work very well on WM6 (used both without issue on my Wizard with WM5)

I'd also welcome a recommendation for one that actually works

Guest rebecker

Thanks for pointing me to SIPChange. It works great on my TyTN II!!!

I think the key is to run the SIPChange.exe file first and choose the SIP you want as default. Then, create a shortcut in the Startup folder with these perameters:

"\program files\sipchange\sipchange.exe" SET

I did 3 soft resets and each time my default SIP loaded.

-Bob-

Guest dolbe666
Thanks for pointing me to SIPChange. It works great on my TyTN II!!!

I think the key is to run the SIPChange.exe file first and choose the SIP you want as default. Then, create a shortcut in the Startup folder with these perameters:

"\program files\sipchange\sipchange.exe" SET

I did 3 soft resets and each time my default SIP loaded.

-Bob-

Have you tried using a different default SIP to see if it will load it ok. I find the problem is when you want to swap between SIPs without soft reseting