will the vario iii EVER drop in price?

Guest andrewkeith5

Guest andrewkeith5

It must have been out for at least 4 months now but from what I can see hasn't fallen in price once. I'm not the biggest user of texts and calls so I don't want to have to pay £35 for stuff i won't use, but I don't particularly want to pay more than £100 for the phone if i'm going to be stuck with it for a year and a half (in theory). Is anyone else in a similar position to me/waiting for the price to go down a bit or anyone know when it might change?

Guest Transform

i was in your boat when first looking to get the vario 3. however, to get it sim free will work out more expensive in the long run than getting it on a contract. i wasnt a big texter or caller but signed a contract and still manage to use up my £30 a month. as for the drop in price, how long is a piece of string? i have no idea on this one.

the one thing i will say though, is that the vario 3 is designed to connect to the internet alot and with a pay and go sim, this will be very expensive. something like a web 'n' walk package from t-mobile (which im on) caters for this really well. sorry i couldnt answer your question, but at least you have my insight on what it was like from my point of view.

Guest andrewkeith5
i was in your boat when first looking to get the vario 3. however, to get it sim free will work out more expensive in the long run than getting it on a contract. i wasnt a big texter or caller but signed a contract and still manage to use up my £30 a month. as for the drop in price, how long is a piece of string? i have no idea on this one.

the one thing i will say though, is that the vario 3 is designed to connect to the internet alot and with a pay and go sim, this will be very expensive. something like a web 'n' walk package from t-mobile (which im on) caters for this really well. sorry i couldnt answer your question, but at least you have my insight on what it was like from my point of view.

thanks for the input. yeah seen as i want to use it mainly for internet use i'd probly go for Flext 20 + web 'n' walk (at the moment i get through about £25 a month on orange payg). I just don't really want to spend any more than that being a student :)

Guest Monolithix

It's cheaper on the website...having said that, i grabbed one from the T-Mobile shop the other day on Flext35/WnW+ (12 month) and after pointing out the £190 they wanted in-store was way over the £120 web-price, they offered it to me for £100 (£80 if i'd gone for an 18 monther!).

I didn't realise they were that easy to barter with! Very happy with my purchase :)

Guest andrewkeith5
It's cheaper on the website...having said that, i grabbed one from the T-Mobile shop the other day on Flext35/WnW+ (12 month) and after pointing out the £190 they wanted in-store was way over the £120 web-price, they offered it to me for £100 (£80 if i'd gone for an 18 monther!).

I didn't realise they were that easy to barter with! Very happy with my purchase :)

lol maybe i should just say i've been offered it for a hundred then :D

Do what I did when I got my before xmas, in a Tmobile store, got the Vario III on flext35 18month paid NOTHING for the phone.

Ask if get discount with the insurance then cancel it within the 14 days :)

Kimbie

Guest chucky.egg

FWIW I've been watching the price of SIM-free Kaisers and it's dropped about £100 since launch (www.handtec.co.uk are the cheapest I found last time I checked - £330)

Guest andrewkeith5

if i'm honest i'm going to end up paying for the contract anyway so i see no point at all paying more to have a sim free one

how did you pull the insurance trick?

Guest Transform
thanks for the input. yeah seen as i want to use it mainly for internet use i'd probly go for Flext 20 + web 'n' walk (at the moment i get through about £25 a month on orange payg). I just don't really want to spend any more than that being a student :D

I'm also a student and the prices were bothering me a little but it doesn't seem so bad at all now I've got the contract :)

Guest evansma

I got mine for £140 from a T-Mobile shop on Flext20 which is currently £15 a month. I added wnw afterwards and they gave me a month free. I can add and remove wnw as I please because I didn't get it when I got the phone. They also enabled hsdpa which I thought you no longer got on the basic £7.50 wnw package, but I'm not complaining.

Guest andysalmon

I've just got another Kaiser- a v1615 (Vodafone) for £22.50 and £20 a month but only 100 mins 100 texts. Web is another £7.50 on top of that. I had to do battle to get it at that and it's on a 2 year contract.

Guest wolds_wanderer

These guys are great (I've dealt with them a couple of times) and this is a great deal available at the mo:

http://www.scancom.co.uk/product.php/2840/...__1gb_18_months

Free Vario III and Flext 35 Web'n'Walk for £36/month.

(I returned mine to them when it arrived as o2 offered me a stellar for £30 with online 35 with unlimited data for £27/month when I tried to cancel my old contract, too good an offer not to take)

Gav

Guest Transform
I got mine for £140 from a T-Mobile shop on Flext20 which is currently £15 a month. I added wnw afterwards and they gave me a month free. I can add and remove wnw as I please because I didn't get it when I got the phone. They also enabled hsdpa which I thought you no longer got on the basic £7.50 wnw package, but I'm not complaining.

yes i heard the story that after october last year, all contacts taken out with wnw would not get hsdpa however, on my first trip to london i had it the whole time i was there!

Try going into the high street during the week and see what deals you can get.

I got mine from T-Mobile on their Web & Walk tariff - currently £27.50 a month - which includes unlimited internet use, and more minutes than I need. The deal was originally £50 for the phone, but then I took out insurance at £8 per month (which you can cancel with 30 days notice) and he gave me the Kaiser free ;-).

Tried Orange before that and the deal was not bad but they give £100 for your old phone (any phone I believe) which made the Kaiser only £125.