Modifying DLL's and reinstalling...

Guest southsidedan

Guest southsidedan

I'm trying to modify the HSPlugin.dll...(change the color of the BMP's to match the theme I've created)

well, I've already modified it, but when I go to use the homescreen that utilizes it, I get nothing. A blank space where the Plugin should go.

For those of you that don't know what the HSPlugin is, it's the little scroll bar at the bottom of the Samsung Clock homescreen.

The phone has been application unlocked. I've gotten the DLL file I modified, and the original files to be exactly the same size.

Is there a signiature I need to install? I've tried to register the DLL with the wm5regsrvcs, but it throws me some dumb error.

If you'd like to pick my brain about what I've tried, let me know.

I hope my request isn't too vague.

Thanks.

-southie.

Edited by southsidedan

Guest mkerley

Sorry I can't answer your problem yet, but I am trying to do something similar and maybe this is a stupid question, but how did you edit the dll? What I've read so far seems to say that dlls aren't readable unless you decompile it and even this it's kind of a shot in the dark whether or not it can be decompiled. When I read that, I stopped looking into it. Any help?

You could possibly assign it a new clsid and rename the dll and thus essentially make a "new" plugin I'd think, but I've not tried that either. Just a thought. There's plenty of info out there on that, but I've not done that either, so I can't say for sure that it works.

Guest southsidedan

I found a program, the name of which escapes me now, that allows me to edit pretty much anything within the DLL...at least the things I wanted to change. I'll post up the name later when I get home.

It gave me the option to view the resources within the DLL and thats where I found the bmp that the HSPlugin uses as a base for the HSHelper plugin that you see on the stock Samsung skins.

Of course to be able to rewrite the dll on the phone you need to unlock it.

I just wish the phone would recognize the DLL as a ROM driver...which it doesn't once it's been changed. DOH!

Guest mkerley
PE Explorer by heaventools.com

check it out...

still no luck though :)

Cool. Thanks! I'll check that out. If I have any luck getting these changes to work, I'll let you know.