New Kaiser - how do I know GPS is working?

Guest Cockeye

Guest Cockeye

I've got a new Kaiser today, and downloaded Google Maps. I stood outside, and tried to get a fix. It said searching for a fix and then disappeared, but then gave me the error message that my present location couldn't be found. Is there any way of trying to find out what locks the device has or hasn't got? I have tried something called GPS Info but I got an error message on installing saying that it was designed for an earlier operating system and then when I tried to open it it wouldn't open.

Also, I have seen that people can take pictures and upload to flickr and tag it with GPS data to test whether they have a correct fix. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

I have a seperate TomTom device and have never found a phone that can get a fix quickly enough (my old N95 took up to 20 mins to get a fix). If this phone works I can finally sell my TomTom.

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Guest jimbouk

The first fix for a device can take up to 45 minutes. Once it has that though it will get a fix a lot quicker.

You can download and install quickgps - which updates your device with all the current gps data but otherwise just persevere with google maps.

(As long as the second orange light flashes near the earpiece your gps is fucntioning.)

(And dont fiddle with any gps settings!)