Vario III - Alarm Shortcoming

Guest Captain Mike

Guest Captain Mike

I have found that with the Vario III, unlike nearly all the other mobile phones that I've owned, that if the phone is turned "OFF" then a pre-set alarm will not bring the phone to life again and hence sound the desired alarm. I consider this to be a shortcomong insofar as if I want the alarm to sound I have to leave the phone turned on and hence have to remember to switch to "Flight Mode" to avoid being disturbed by any incoming calls or messages. Anyone know of a fix for this shortcoming?

Guest jontelfer

Not the fix you're after but I use a profile switching program to put the phone in to flight mode at 10pm and then onto day settings at 6am.

The alarms don't seem to be great either so maybe look in to an alarm program along the way...

Jon

It's the same with every single Windows Mobile device. none of them will power the phone on for an alarm, even with third party software.

This is because when you switch off a WM device it's really off, whereas other phones need a small part of the OS running to be able to resume from standby.

As you have discovered the answer is to put it into Flight Mode. like this your phone uses pretty much zero battery.

It's easy to dismiss this as being a pain but it's no different to switching off a normal phone, it's just done in a different way :)