Dead Pixel in the camera of all places

Guest pdtp

So I'm on my 4th kaiser (long story with a variety of different issues) and i just noticed that i have a dead pixel on the camera itself. It is annoying but not as annoying as having to deal with reformatting the phone. the question is, should i send the phone back to AT&T and get a new one (Probable a refurbished one) or just deal with it?

one thing that might definitely persuade me to return it for a new/refurbished one would be if the dead spot can spread.

I attached a pic to show the dot, sorry its blurry but a low light night shot shows it the best.

post-52407-1200945221_thumb.jpg

Guest andrewkeith5

in all my experience of dead pixels (not much :)) thats got to be something i've never head of before

one thing you could try is the possibility of it being merely "stuck". Somewhere there was a video that just changed colour rapidly which tends to revive stuck pixels. The only other option i can think of is that if the unit is refurbished at some point the lens has been dented by some sort of sharp implement (sort of like if you push a compass needle into a piece of plastic) and so the sensor is only picking up the whote spot there. You could maybe try it with the back of the phone removed to see if thats the problem?

Not knowing the intricacies fo the kaiser yet (still havent got one :D ) thats all i can probably say for now, but it is a really odd issue