Mugen Power 3000mAh battery for Kaiser now shipping

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

In my Kaiser (MDA Vario III), i've been using the 1500mAh rated Mugen Power battery for a while now. It offers a small capacity increase over the 1350mAh standard battery, but in my experience offers a noticeably extended run time without making the device any larger. Another top product from Mugen (i've used them in the past). If battery life is more important to you than size however, Mugen Power have the answer... the 3000mAh behemoth!

kaisermugenbig.png

Packing more than twice the power of the original, the 3000mAh item does of course make the device bigger and heavier, but there has been a bit more effort on cosmetics this time it seems :) Rather than having a 'stepped' back, the whole back panel is larger, which gives it a more factory look. It's also black and shiny with BT and WiFi logos and includes, of course, the camera hole, speaker hole and GPS antenna cover.

The battery is available for purchase for http://www.mugenpowerbatterijen.nl/ for $81, while the 1500mAh standard size item retails for $48.

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat

It would be interesting to compare run-time for the behemoth. Obviously runtime varies depending on which apps are running.

Hey maybe you need to negotiate a deal with Mugen for Plus members ;-) WINK WINK WINK !!!

Guest deadphill

Paul

With the use of the brodit mount, you know the one you have as I bought it on your recommendation, how does it fit into the cradle?

Thanks

Phill

Don't really like the look of the back :) shame as I'd love a bigger batter for convenience. Will they release one that is smaller? Is that even possible, making it smaller?! Presumably not. I'd want the biggest one which could be crammed in without making it bigger

Guest Paul (MVP)

Just tried now, it doesn't fit! :)

For those asking about the camera glass, there isn't any, it's just a hole (obviously set right back in the cover due to the larger size)

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat
Just tried now, it doesn't fit! :)

For those asking about the camera glass, there isn't any, it's just a hole (obviously set right back in the cover due to the larger size)

P

Thats a shame as if it fitted the brodit mount, it would have sold it for me!

• 1 month later...
Guest brad_the_dad
Thats a shame as if it fitted the brodit mount, it would have sold it for me!

I bpught one and like three things about it...(1) it fits into my cradle for charging (2) the battery will last all day with heavy use ( ie, push email, tomtom, phone, instant messaging) and (3) they made the back totally the same size, so that you don't have that extra battery-humpback look.... it looks totally OEM.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.