Small Kaiser problem

Guest kendaluk

Guest kendaluk

Hello,

I have been a member for about 3 months or so but not been a heavy poster. (sorry about that)

anyway I have a small problem which normally gets solved by a few searchs but I don't seem to be having any luck.

I Have an Orange build kaiser (installed the today screen) and have hard reset the device a few times after encounting the same problem again and again (about to hard reset for the 4th time i belive)

back to the point, the problem seems to be a simple one in that new SMS don't appear on my today screen... weired?! and last night was the worst my phone was on charge but in standbye mode but my girlfriend couldn't connect any phone calls and when i checked my phone i had a mountain of missed calls and a bundle of txts which all came through at the same time on wake up..

(I've mentioned the fact my phone was on charge because search results suggest it was due to a 30% or less battery)

when i had the problem before I thought at 1st it was one of the many many cabs that have installed so this time i made sure i+I only had on the minumal

(forgive me but with the phone not being with me I am not sure on the names but here is the list)

HTC Home (maybe an old verison but i have tried many verisons)

HTC Home customiser (with IPHONE apps theme)

TOM TOM 6

HTC touch Keypad

A program to stop the phone connecting to the internet

A program that on start up my phone switches directly to the Keypad

Like I said used to install loads and loads of cabs but now limiting my self to a few to try and rectify the problem.

any one else had this problem? should i send it back to Orange? (I have insurance), will there be problems reinstalling TOM TOM? is one of the apps i have currently installed a problem?

any help would be much appricated and thank you in advance.

Guest dolbe666

try changing the app that stops the phone connecting to the internet with something else. it is the likely cause as it effects the network connection. it may not be working correctly. I use phoneAlarm as its got a network setup that can limit the network connection, but it doesnt effect the phone calls texts or any other network connection it just limits the amount of time the data connection is on after its used for updates such as weather. i have it set ti shut down the data connection after 2 minutes of being idle.

Guest kendaluk
try changing the app that stops the phone connecting to the internet with something else. it is the likely cause as it effects the network connection. it may not be working correctly. I use phoneAlarm as its got a network setup that can limit the network connection, but it doesnt effect the phone calls texts or any other network connection it just limits the amount of time the data connection is on after its used for updates such as weather. i have it set ti shut down the data connection after 2 minutes of being idle.

cheers :)

thank you for your reply... i was hoping it wasn't that ill take it off... for everyones info it's the No Data app (green one :D)

thanks again