Clear Sent Text

Guest nevawlkalone

Guest nevawlkalone

How can i clear the entirety of the sent itwems folder on my vario3? I cant for the life of me remeber how to do it and im sure I could do on me c600!

Thanks

Does this take like 10 hours to delete like selecting all the messages and pressing delete?

Something bizarre happened with my network once when I was clearing out my HTC Wizard. It meant that no one on o2 could text me, but people on other networks could!? It needed a call to o2 to fix it, then they all came flooding in.

Ever since then, I just don't delete any messages. I already have 1159 in my inbox on my Kaiser.

Guest Disco Stu
Does this take like 10 hours to delete like selecting all the messages and pressing delete?

Something bizarre happened with my network once when I was clearing out my HTC Wizard. It meant that no one on o2 could text me, but people on other networks could!? It needed a call to o2 to fix it, then they all came flooding in.

Ever since then, I just don't delete any messages. I already have 1159 in my inbox on my Kaiser.

That problem has been posted here before and I'd love to know what exactly goes wrong.

Bizarre, as you say.

I actually don't think I need it on my Touch Dual although I usually delete after reading anyway. The Sent Items folder can be cleared easily enouogh with the softkey function. Possibly you are the first to attempt to delete over 1,000 messages in one operation but i doubt it would take longer than a few seconds.

That problem has been posted here before and I'd love to know what exactly goes wrong.

Bizarre, as you say.

I actually don't think I need it on my Touch Dual although I usually delete after reading anyway. The Sent Items folder can be cleared easily enouogh with the softkey function. Possibly you are the first to attempt to delete over 1,000 messages in one operation but i doubt it would take longer than a few seconds.

Hmm, well I was deleting ~1000 or so last time and that's when my bizarre problem occured :) It also took about 5 minutes on my Wizard, heh. Think I'll just leave the boxes to fill up. It doesn't seem to get any slower, which is nice.

Guest nevawlkalone
And how long did it take, and how many messages did you have?

Took about 20minutes to clear nigh on 2000 messages...i was a bit concerend at first as it appeared to hang my inbox, but in a softreset it had gone down from 2000 to 700 emails so did it again and it completed the task, voila and empty sent items folder.

This time taken thing is nothing new to me though as my C6 used to do it when i cleared 1000's of messages out of that so wasnt to fussed once i knew it was successful.

Jesus, 20 minutes. I won't risk that problem again; I had no idea my messages weren't being delivered until my friend phoned me up and asked me why I was ignoring him. Think I'll just let it get fuller and fuller as before, my Wizard never seemed to slow down.

Guest nevawlkalone
Jesus, 20 minutes. I won't risk that problem again; I had no idea my messages weren't being delivered until my friend phoned me up and asked me why I was ignoring him. Think I'll just let it get fuller and fuller as before, my Wizard never seemed to slow down.

lol weirdly i never had this problem, texts still came through...i just couldnt read them until it finished clearing my 'box...and seen as i was in college at the time most peeps knew i may not reply so it not too bad....just do it as your going bed or something like that (assuming u sleep :) ) or at at a time u wouldnt normaly reply anyways...

Edited by nevawlkalone

Well that wasn't the issue, it physically BROKE text messaging! I guess it could've been a coincedence but the only time I've ever had a problem with a network was when I was deleting a large amount of messages and then only people from networks OTHER than o2 could text me. Weird huh? I just don't trust it now :)

Guest nevawlkalone
Well that wasn't the issue, it physically BROKE text messaging! I guess it could've been a coincedence but the only time I've ever had a problem with a network was when I was deleting a large amount of messages and then only people from networks OTHER than o2 could text me. Weird huh? I just don't trust it now :)

Fair do's...did it come back though? After the bulk deleting?

No... I had to phone o2 to get them to reset it. An engineer pressed some magical button and all of a sudden 20 odd text messages came through. The actual deletion didn't take too long, about 3 minutes or something, not sure what happened.