Getting rid of the Orange Homescreen

Guest bliz

Hi everyone! I am sat with my brand new touch dual right now hating the orange homescreen! How do I get the nice HTC homescreen, the one with the clock and whether and all that!

If I cant get I am going to send me phone back because I really hate the Orange one.

please help me out, I really like the phone!

Guest Disco Stu

Go to Settings, Today and select the Htc theme.

While you're there you can click on the Items tab and select the HTC Home plugin and anything else you want on the screen.

:)

Guest geordiekid

Is there *ANY* way at all of getting rid of the Orange software completely?

I'm having major problems with my TyTn 2 - not waking up from sleep, therefore not telling me calls/texts/reminders have come in, and at other times, just locking up. Only a soft reset will fix it, and sometimes, I have to do this about every 20 minutes (until I give up).

I've taken EVERYTHING off the phone and done hard resets, and though the problem is better, it's not gone away. Which makes me think it must be the Orange software.

Even if it's not though, I'd just like rid of it completely off the phone for neatness.

Is there no way I can stop the cab that installs this from running after a hard reset?

cheers

sc

Is there no way I can stop the cab that installs this from running after a hard reset?

Hard-reset, then quickly soft-reset with the stylus before the customisation kicks in

Be aware though that you may have to set up your network connections up manually afterwards