mobile modaco

Guest dr_nick

Guest dr_nick

i have been a desktop user of modaco for ages now, but just got myself a data package on new tytnII...

is there a mobile or wap version of the site which will load faster over GPRS/3G and be more suitable for the small screen?

ta

dr_nick

Guest Disco Stu
To get to the mobile version (when it's online), you just point your device at the site's regular address (www.MoDaCo.com) and the mobile version is automagically displayed

:)

Guest dr_nick
:)

thanks stu, but i get a very similar page with all the formatting, making it cumbersome and time-consuming (hence my question!) - i was posting from my tytnII!

no way to remove all the html and just have the forum text?

thanks

dr_nick

Guest Disco Stu

Paul is working on a proper mobile version but you can always use the lowfi version in the interim - look for the link at the bottom in the middle of every page.

Guest Samsonite
Paul is working on a proper mobile version but you can always use the lowfi version in the interim - look for the link at the bottom in the middle of every page.

going purple, holding breath for too long now... :)

The Lo-Fi solution is all well and good except the LoFi link is at the BOTTOM of the page that has just taken well over a minute to load over GPRS!! Any chance of getting that as an option at the top of the page?

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Perhaps a good idea might be to add links to the post with its lo-fi version in the notification emails too. Since I for one have post notifications via email and then click on the link to read the post.

Guest dr_nick

so lo-fi version is not great for a number of reasons:

1) no option to reply to fora

2) index of pages only at top of page (so have to read all then scroll all the way back up to go to next page

3) have to load whole page to find the lofi link

4) no lofi link from tracker emails

feel free to add to this list!

dr_nick

Guest Disco Stu

I'm going to close this thread.

Paul is still working on the mobile version of the site and welcomes comments & suggestions but it will be more of a help to him to keep everything in one location.

Can we therefore continue the discussion in the thread I linked to above, please.

Cheers :)