Change windows flag logo button

Guest 4nt_G

Is there a graphics file I can alter and where is it? I tried searching and found something about a registry key, so i tried that then looked at the dates on the posts and it was from ages ago...

It cannot be done simply, certainly not by overwriting an image file.

You MAY be able to dump the ROM and change the file, then re-construct it and flash it back, but that's a lot of trial and error :)

It cannot be done simply, certainly not by overwriting an image file.

You MAY be able to dump the ROM and change the file, then re-construct it and flash it back, but that's a lot of trial and error :)

Yeah! thats what I want to do, so do you know which file it is?

I don't even mind that much if its just a black square overlayed

I also want to know how to chage the text next to this menu from 'Start' to anything less windows-y, is there a string i can alter for this?

I'm away from my phone at the mo (being repaired) but you'll need to dump the ROM using Kaiser kitchen (Google it) then dig through all the files to see what you need to alter, then finally rebuild it to an RUU.

IIRC there's a thread on the xda-wiki detailing the proper use of the kitchen.

Good luck!

I'm away from my phone at the mo (being repaired) but you'll need to dump the ROM using Kaiser kitchen (Google it) then dig through all the files to see what you need to alter, then finally rebuild it to an RUU.

IIRC there's a thread on the xda-wiki detailing the proper use of the kitchen.

Good luck!

erm, thanks again, so, does anyone know which file it is?