Official S710 ROM update released by HTC

Guest yrreP

s710.png
HTC have released a ROM update for the S710 Smartphone!

The release, dated 1/28/2008 and entitled 'Operating System [ROM] Update' is avaiable for download in the e-Club section of http://www.htc.com/support/support.htm. Registration is required with a valid S710 IMEI, and the update is only for HTC branded devices (i.e. not the SPV E650 etc).

The HTC site rather vaguely lists the following details for the update...

New features and improvements are available with this operating software update, including the Connection Setup application which has been added to allow easy setup of connection settings.

Which isn't the most descriptive ever :)

If you've installed the update, let us know how you find it.

[Edit by Paul (MVP): I'm receiving reports the de-Brander causes issues with the Comm Manager in the new build, i'll check this out asap!]

Guest dwostmann
1/28/2008

Operating System [ROM] Update

New features and improvements are available with this operating software update, including the Connection Setup application which has been added to allow easy setup of connection settings.

Where is the link to the update?

Guest matrix77
even i could not find anything there :)

You must have registered your product first in My Registration menu, but you must have HTC-branded device not Orange or other .....

It is important what keyboard you have, so for my qwertz keyboard I needed German version of new rom.

RUU_Vox_HTC_GER_1.34.407.1_4.1.13.54_03.10.90_Ship.exe

Edited by matrix77

Guest prajith

I did register your my product in My Registration menu.

I check in Phone Software Updates and Nothing!!

I check in Other Downloads and no ROM update, though there is a patch for windows live posted on 23rd Jan.

edit : read the rules please

Edited by prajith
rules not read

Guest vortexela
1/28/2008

Operating System [ROM] Update

Thanks. I found it listed in the 'Phone Software Updates' section after login in. Downloading now... :)

Thanks. I found it listed in the 'Phone Software Updates' section after login in. Downloading now... :)

This is so annoying, I'm logging in but there's nothing listed in the Phone Software Updates. I registered my HTC Vox as soon as I got it.

When I click on 'Phone Software Updates' the screen says 'Select your PDA phone or smartphone model from the list. If your registered product is not listed, please check back next time as new patches are added regularly. ' but there is no list.

We are talking about www.HTC.com here, right? And logging in to the HTC e-Club?

Bah!

Guest vortexela
This is so annoying, I'm logging in but there's nothing listed in the Phone Software Updates. I registered my HTC Vox as soon as I got it.

When I click on 'Phone Software Updates' the screen says 'Select your PDA phone or smartphone model from the list. If your registered product is not listed, please check back next time as new patches are added regularly. ' but there is no list.

We are talking about www.HTC.com here, right? And logging in to the HTC e-Club?

Bah!

After login in at HTC e-Club try copying and pasting this link into your browser http://member.htc.com/member/RomDetail.aspx?cat=8

Edited by vortexela

Guest dwostmann
Cheers... - it just says in nice, pretty green letters across the top; Phone Software Updates.

Nothing underneath

I get the same thing.........How about somebody just downloading and putting up the file?? Is there a chance that some of us already have the updated rom in our phones? I highly doubt it but who knows. Can someone post us the version of the NEW installed ROM? I'm currently running the following:

CE OS: 5.2.1235 Build 17740.0.2.0

Radio Version: 4.1.13.37_02.83.90

RIL Version: 2.002

CE ROM Update Version: 5.2.1235.17740

I get the same thing.........How about somebody just downloading and putting up the file?? Is there a chance that some of us already have the updated rom in our phones? I highly doubt it but who knows. Can someone post us the version of the NEW installed ROM? I'm currently running the following:

Them's the same as mine.

Would I have access to any phone software updates if I haven't entered my warranty details in when I registered the phone with HTC (it suddenly struck me before)?

Guest prajith

hey my version is

CE OS 5.2.1236 build 17741.0.2.1

Radio Version 4.1.13.41_02.88.90

RIL version 2.002

I see that my version is higher

Is that why i cannot see the updates?

is this not for my device?

Guest dheerajk27
I could not update the rom on my device.

It gave me an Invalid Vendor ID error (error 294) :)

Mr. Prajit, it looks like, initially though you weren't able to view the ROM update at the htc.com website, you were able to download the same somehow. Please help, as how you managed the same. I am still unable to view any sort of information out there.

Guest chandanbs
Mr. Prajit, it looks like, initially though you weren't able to view the ROM update at the htc.com website, you were able to download the same somehow. Please help, as how you managed the same. I am still unable to view any sort of information out there.

Dheeraj,

You should be able to find in the Vox section of ftp (forum.xda-developers.com).

The new OS is faster.. has AKU 0.4.4.

Guest johniain

Phone Software Updates

Select your PDA phone or smartphone model from the list. If your registered product is not listed, please check back next time as new patches are added regularly.

The above is all I get when I go to HTC members site and click on "Phone Software Updates"

I also have the following version.

Guest chandanbs
Phone Software Updates

Select your PDA phone or smartphone model from the list. If your registered product is not listed, please check back next time as new patches are added regularly.

The above is all I get when I go to HTC members site and click on "Phone Software Updates"

I also have the following version.

Yes, its the same case with my login also, even though i have registered my Vox details in HTC Club. Best thing to do is to download from xda-developers ftp site.

here it is: RUU_Vox_HTC_WWE_1.34.405.1_4.1.13.54_03.10.90_Ship .exe

link removed

Edited by Disco Stu
no direct links to unofficial sites

Modaco de-brander seems to mess up the Comm Manager in this new ROM... :)

Bad news :D What do you mean exactly... Is it unusable after applying the modaco de-brander patch?

Guest wizgnome

Bad news :) What do you mean exactly... Is it unusable after applying the modaco de-brander patch?

it messes up the display - so its usuable if you know what keys to press.

I had to copy back the original CommManagerRes.dll file to fix it.

Edited by wizgnome
attachment removed