Official S710 ROM update released by HTC

Guest yrreP

Hopefully the creator can make a new compatibe Modaco de-brander.... I can't imagine running my S710 without it, everything looks so much better after installing the debrander.

I'll not update to this rom yet :)

Guest Wombleuk

I got the distinct impression that this update was only for original HTC devices.

In which case you would not need to use the debrander software.

Do I assume then that you have upgraded the rom successfully on branded phones (Orange, Voda etc.) and that it works OK?

cheers,

Graham

Guest dheerajk27

Thanks a lot to prajith and chandanbs for your support. I have successfully updated to the new ROM.

For those, who were getting the Invalid Vendor Id error, you may visit the following link at xda-developers website for a neat and great solution. Cheers !!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=330909

Dheeraj,

You should be able to find in the Vox section of ftp (forum.xda-developers.com).

The new OS is faster.. has AKU 0.4.4.

I got the distinct impression that this update was only for original HTC devices.

In which case you would not need to use the debrander software.

Well I have an original HTC S710 but the debrander software removes the ugly green HTC branded commanager and replaces it with the original blue WM6 one, it also makes the menus much nicer looking. In the original HTC branded version startmenu background is just white.

Ok finally found it under /Uploads/Smartphone/Vox/ROMs/Shipped on ftp.xda-developers.com ...

Maybe HTC made the new ROM available to a limited number of members for some reason (progressive deployment). So any comments so far about this new ROM? (performance, usability, bugs...)

Guest Morelli

Here are the details from my Orange E650 purchased end of October '07 which has not been updated:

CE OS 5.2.1236 (build 17741.0.2.1)

Radio Version 4.1.13.41_02.88.90

RIL version 2.002

It seems to be running without any noticable problems so I guess this version of the ROM works OK.

Do I take it that any ROM updates would equally apply to both HTC 710 and the E650? Would I be able to safely run the debranding tweak?

Guest Disco Stu

CAUTION : ALL POSTERS

Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if:

- They link to illegal ROMs or sites hosting them

MoDaCo Rules

Therefore please...

1. No direct links to unofficial download sites

2. No attachments of copyright software

3. No asking other members for above

4. Read the rules before posting again

5. Don't do anything else that might attract the attention of angry lawyers that I can't think of right now

6. Be grateful I didn't give you all a warning :)

Thank you

Guest Victor Hogemann

HTC site seems to belive that my brazilian S710 S/N is invalid...

HTC has a factory here at Brazil, and my phone was manufactured there... Actually it's model number is S711, but as far as I can tell it's identical to the regular S711.

:-(

Just installed the update on my vox. I had no problems installing it (i have an original vox, not branded), it took a few minutes to complete.

With this update comes a new program called 'Connection Setup', which automatically configures your device with your operator settings. In my case the program configured the operator settings for Internet via GPRS and settings for MMS.

As far as I can see there are no major changes in this update. It also isn't significantly faster than before.

Grtz K2LG

Ok well I couldn't wait for the debrander to be compatible so I made the upgrade anyway.

I've noticed a few changes so far:

1. SMS text is smaller... looks more like on a PPC, also there is no way to change the text size when composing / reading sms either, I would like it a bit larger :D Email text size is changable though.

2. Some new icons in the phonebook... Hard to explain I might post a screenshot later.

3. Windows Update works! :)

4. Office Mobile 6.1

5. New version of Windows Live

6. Connection Setup application

I'll continue to look for changes, I must say I haven't noticed any improvements in speed though.

Edited by owziee

*** UPDATE *** I've noticed you can now manually add words to the XT9 wordlist :) While you're typing using XT9 press "up" on the D-Pad and "add a new word" will show up :D This is a very nice new feature imo.

Guest wizgnome
Here are the details from my Orange E650 purchased end of October '07 which has not been updated:

CE OS 5.2.1236 (build 17741.0.2.1)

Radio Version 4.1.13.41_02.88.90

RIL version 2.002

It seems to be running without any noticable problems so I guess this version of the ROM works OK.

Do I take it that any ROM updates would equally apply to both HTC 710 and the E650? Would I be able to safely run the debranding tweak?

I suggest you make a copy of CommManagerRes.dll (in the windows directory) before running the de-brander. Then if it breaks the comm manager display, you can copy back the original file to put it back to how it was before, with the green background.

I had to do this to fix mine after running the de-brander.

Apart from that after running the update and reloading all my software, everthing seems to be working fine. Including re-booting without having to remove the sd card, which I had to do with the old version.

Guest Rolandhurt01

How do you update the ROM. I have downloaded the RUU, but am unsure how to go about updating the ROM as it is the first time that I have dared flash to a new ROM, and as this is an official HTC ROM update then I have decided to upgrade my ROM to the newer one.

Roland

Guest Rolandhurt01

Everytime it gets to the progress bar on my laptop as it is installing the update WMDC disconnects from my phone and will not let me compleate the upgrade. I have even tried a hard reset prior to running the upgrade and still can not get it to upgrade.

Roland

Guest Rolandhurt01

Finally got it to install. Seems alot faster than the original ROM that shipped with my Vox. I have also noticed that Adobe Reader and Calculator has been moved out of the Office folder and into the root of the Start menu.

Roland

Guest prajith

successfully updated to the new rom :)

Old ROM

version 1.22.720.2

CE OS 5.2.1236

Build 17741.0.2.1

Radio 4.1.13.41_02.88.90

RIL 2.002

New ROM

version 1.34.405.1

CE OS 5.2.1622

Build 18128.0.4.4

Radio 4.1.13.54_03.10.90

RIL 2.002

new rom does seem to be a little faster and definitely occupies less space in storage (more storage free for use)

has new Connection Setup wizard

windows update is working (no new updates yet)

Edited by prajith

OK, I managed to get the update (although the HTC email support while at first seemed very helpful have finally said that the website is under maintenance and they can no longer help me with my query - but that's a different story!!!), and have updated my phone's ROM.

First thing I did afterwards was run a back-up using Sprite of my stuff, but I have found that I only have 6 folders under the Start Menu, all the others are within the Programs Folder.

I have tried to drag & drop them all back to where they were but they are all read only.

Bah!!!