Expected Battery Life From Kaiser

Guest mZimm

I'm thinking about switching to a Tilt from the HTC Shadow, as I am unimpressed with the battery life of the Shadow. I am wondering how long I can expect from a Kaiser with moderate texting and then also if I have wifi on constantly. With the Shadow, if I text and use wifi at all it is gone by the evening if I unplug it in the morning.

Guest KevinAlbrecht
I'm thinking about switching to a Tilt from the HTC Shadow, as I am unimpressed with the battery life of the Shadow. I am wondering how long I can expect from a Kaiser with moderate texting and then also if I have wifi on constantly. With the Shadow, if I text and use wifi at all it is gone by the evening if I unplug it in the morning.

Just a guess, but I would expect the same performance with the factory battery. I need to recharge mine every night, and I don't do much texting, & don't use WiFi. Just browse thew web & call, email & sometimes GPS.

Guest hotphil

The battery life is going to be dependent on what you do with it - and WiFi will be a killer. I don't have WiFi on, have Bluetooth on, Exchange Activesync in working hours, bit of browsing a few calls each day and I can probably get 48 hours. Perhaps the thing to do is get a Kaiser from somewhere that'll let you return it in 14 days if you find it's not performing for you?

Guest WearTheFoxHat

there are also the larger capacity 3000 mah batteries to consider too.

However I find my kaiser is ok generally battery wise, although I have it on charge every night and then not too far from a power socket when I need it.

It's a great device and I suppose battery life is a small price to pay for such a swiss army knife of a device!

Guest beermonstermatt

I can get about 2 days from mine 3 at a push and that’s with a few calls, quite a few texts, Push Email on 9am till 10pm and about 20 mins browsing a day, but most of the time I keep it in 2g mode as I found I was pushed to get a full day out of it with 3g on all the time, don’t often use Wifi so cant comment on its impact

Sounds like it is going to be at least as good as my Shadow. If I use the thing at all it won't last 24 hours for me, so not only would it be an upgrade as far as features, but battery life as well. I would imagine WiFi would kill it as it does with my Shadow, but that is understandable.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Howard Moon

If I have 3G turned on and use the internet for around 30 minutes my phone won't last a full day. Is 3G really that much of a drain on the battery? If so, why did HTC release a phone with 3G with a battery that can't handle it?

Guest hotphil

You should get a day out of it with that kind of use! Have you installed anything that might possibly be running in the background? Do you have any email accounts set to sync at regular intervals?

I did end up upgrading, and I can say that the battery on the Kaiser is tons better than on the Shadow! With moderate use throughout the day I have plenty left to last throughout. I cannot make it completely two days, but I don't have to worry if I don't get to a charger early every night.

Guest Howard Moon

I have push email turned on. I can understand that using push email and 3G would drain the battery but I'm not sure how HTC could release a device that won't last for a day. Maybe my phone's dodgy...