Anybody has application unlocked their HTC S730?

Guest Pethorr

Guest Pethorr

I'm still recently new in the smartphone buisiness, and I still haven't figured a way to reorganize my \windows\start menu -folder (Have a lot of unused icons). It seems there is a non-modifiable read-only tag on the files.

After reading a bit, it seems that I need to application unlock my device. I've tried two different cab-files that should work on the VOX (710) and tried a guide about editing some values in the registry editor... all unsuccessfully :)

My question is if anybody had any luck in application unlocking their S730 yet?

(Or at least found a way to reorganize their start menu folder?)

Cheers and greetings to fellow S730 owners out there! :D

Pethorr

Guest madferret

I don't think moving default start menu items has anything to do with app unlocking. If you have a UK production HTC S730 then they come unlocked by default.

The "non-modifiable read-only tag" on shortcuts like calendar.lnk etc is the system attribute, which prevents you moving them via XP or Vista through Active Sync. What you need is something like Total Commander, which will move them in a couple of clicks! (You don't even need to change the system attribute)

Be careful though that you don't have any applications that use the shortcut - Homescreen plugins in particular may do this. Calendar.lnk, for instance, is one of the common ones because it's easier to open '\Start Menu\Calendar.lnk' than try to call 'MSCALENDAR?calendarapp', which is what the shortcut links to.

[Edited to make sense!]

Edited by madferret

Guest Pethorr
I don't think moving default start menu items has anything to do with app unlocking. If you have a UK production HTC S730 then they come unlocked by default.

The "non-modifiable read-only tag" on shortcuts like calendar.lnk etc is the system attribute, which prevents you moving them via XP or Vista through Active Sync. What you need is something like Total Commander, which will move them in a couple of clicks! (You don't even need to change the system attribute)

Be careful though that you don't have any applications that use the shortcut - Homescreen plugins in particular may do this. Calendar.lnk, for instance, is one of the common ones because it's easier to open '\Start Menu\Calendar.lnk' than try to call 'MSCALENDAR?calendarapp', which is what the shortcut links to.

[Edited to make sense!]

Ahh thanks a lot!!!!! I'll try it first thing when I get home :)

I was getting really frustrated with all the unlocking...

• 1 month later...
Guest bergsorensen
Ahh thanks a lot!!!!! I'll try it first thing when I get home :D

I was getting really frustrated with all the unlocking...

Got it working? I have the same exact problem, and i cant seem to get it right with Total Commander .. :(

Guest Pethorr
Got it working? I have the same exact problem, and i cant seem to get it right with Total Commander .. :D

Nope sorry... I gave up a while ago, cant seem to get it to work... :( hope you have better luck than I had.

I have made shortcuts to the most used programs instead... and now live in every day torment with all those unused icons...

• 3 weeks later...