GPS Receiver Keyring

Guest Zieders

Guest Zieders

Hi,

My husband uses this website all the time, so I'm hoping that you can help me too. I want to buy him a keyring GPS device for his birthday, but am very confused by both the pricing and reviews out there for the two Freedom products - the GPS 2000 or the SiRF III. Does anyone own one of these devices or similar, can you recommend a device and where to buy one?

Many thanks in advance.

Zieders

Guest WearTheFoxHat
Hi,

My husband uses this website all the time, so I'm hoping that you can help me too. I want to buy him a keyring GPS device for his birthday, but am very confused by both the pricing and reviews out there for the two Freedom products - the GPS 2000 or the SiRF III. Does anyone own one of these devices or similar, can you recommend a device and where to buy one?

Many thanks in advance.

Zieders

I hope he doesn't recognise your registered name ... otherwise he will know what he is having for his birthday. Although top marks must be given for your research for his pressie!!

SiRF III are great devices and usually pick up a quick satellite fix. However I recently saw a new tiny GPS reviewed, but can't remember whether it was on here or PocketGPSworld website.

Guest bydandie

I have this one and it does what it states on the tin - quick fix, small (No larger than most keyfob remotes) and charges easily with a decent battery life.

Guest Zieders

Thanks everyone for your input - gadget bought!

My husband doesn't actually know that I registered myself on the site, although he would guess the association with the user name. Hopefully he won't do a GPS search - before 18th anyway!