My kaiser is driving me insane

Guest dobby156

Guest dobby156

I love my kiaser but it starting to piss me off. firstly, (although i think this is T-mobile fault, for the fisrt time is saw the HSDPA logo in the corner of the screen, then it was gone before i could use it, then it was bac, and on off, on off ect

my real problem, is that the clock on my kaiser doesnt update itself until it brought out of standby, if i turn it on i quickly see the clock update. this would be a problem, except the alarm no longer goes off, i must wake before it, not good.

same apleis to the email which should check itsself every 5mins or so, bt instead, it just checks when i wake it up. Do you think this has happened bcause i installed the CUBE which is constantly runnign?

should i hard reset it?

if i should how do i do it, i never did it before, and i dont want to jack a pin into a mic or anything a bit of help please

thanks

Guest Snooginsguy
I love my kiaser but it starting to piss me off. firstly, (although i think this is T-mobile fault, for the fisrt time is saw the HSDPA logo in the corner of the screen, then it was gone before i could use it, then it was bac, and on off, on off ect

my real problem, is that the clock on my kaiser doesnt update itself until it brought out of standby, if i turn it on i quickly see the clock update. this would be a problem, except the alarm no longer goes off, i must wake before it, not good.

same apleis to the email which should check itsself every 5mins or so, bt instead, it just checks when i wake it up. Do you think this has happened bcause i installed the CUBE which is constantly runnign?

should i hard reset it?

if i should how do i do it, i never did it before, and i dont want to jack a pin into a mic or anything a bit of help please

thanks

Take a look at this thread, as this has been an issue for a lot of people.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=332362

It may be a problem with the cube, I don't know about that. What solved it for me was disabling the task manager from the top-right corner of the screen, as well as turning off the HTC Home screen. Once I did that, the time and email worked fine. There are also some settings in the registry you can change either with a registry editor or with Kaisertweak that may help fix it, they're mentioned in that thread.

Guest Foxhunter123

My Tytn 2 does the same thing - sometimes... Not updating the clock before I take it out of standby, the alarm not going on before I press the standby button.

I have found that it is often if I'm having alot of programs running in the background - yesterday morning my alarm didn't go on and yesterday evening I closed all programs and nothing more and today the alarm worked perfectly - so the point is I didn't do a reset of the phone... ;-)

But it's just crazy that the Tytn 2 a modern phone has so many basic problems that, say my 3-4 years old Sony Ericsson P900 could easily manage... :)

Guest KevinAlbrecht

Well if it is of any help, I still seem to be receiving emails when on standby, and I DO have the latest release of the Slither Cube that was written in C++ (Not the Flash version).

I had similar problems with my Tytn II when I first got it - the today screen clock visibly updated every time I took it out of standby, and I only then got alarms and reminders kicking off.

I soon discovered that EVERYBODY'S today screen clock seemed to behave the same way - everyone I spoke to reported a slight delay - but, obviously not everyone had the reminder problem. It turned out in the end that my office calendar had become corrupted - before I synced the phone for the first time - and my few dozen recurring appointments had translated into approx 17,000 entries, mostly with alarms!

When I cleared out my calendar, restored the proper recurrence patterns etc and deleted all the duplicates, my re-synced Tytn II immediately started working perfectly. That was almost three months ago, and it's not missed an alarm or reminder since. As I say, the clock still pauses on the "old" time when I take it out of standby, but apparently this is normal!