Cannot sync to Exchange on S710

Guest adambecker

Guest adambecker

Hello,

I've been having problems syncing my s710 with exchange server, I keep getting an error saying "The security certificate on the server is not valid..." 0x80072F0D. I have tried installing the certificate from outlook web access onto the phone and it says successfully installed, but I still get this error. This certificate is not from one of the main companies. I tried to add this certificate with the SpAddCert from Microsoft (is this even correct?) but my phone appears to be application locked so this program cannot even run (its s710 from vodafone czech rep.) and I haven't been able to unlock it after trying some different solutions on this board. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

Adam

Guest Networkguy

Regardless of cert issuer on the server, is it actually valid (in date etc)?

I have seen this before and once the cert on the server expires Activesync will not allow you to connect no matter what.

To check, go into your mail via OWA and see if you get a certificate error that route. If yes then you are kind of stuck unless you either change the date on your device or get the server admin to do his job and fix the broken server.