Few issues

Guest big_dogg

Guest big_dogg

Got a TyTN II on Monday and love it, but have a few issues..

1.) Installed a few apps yesterday - SKTools, kaiserTweak, HTC Homeplug + customiser, and I notciced now that when I try to turn the phone off, after I hit yes on the popup message for it to turn off, the orange screen comes up, but the phone is still actually on - You can still hit the today button etc. The only way to actually turn the phone off is to remove the battery and replace it :S

2.) Is there any way to select multiple contacts to text, either via contacts or the text screen? On my N95, I just have to tick or "Mark" each contact

3.) Are there any 3rd party task managers available that can be accessed without using the stylus? (The built in one needs the stylus to click it in the top right hand corner of the today screen) OR PREFERABLY a way to shortcut the taskmanager to the start menu or homescreen?

4.) Are there any MSN Messenger apps/Windows Live Messenger apps available for the kaiser?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Guest Webreaper

1. Don't understand your first question. Are you saying you press-and-hold the power button, and when the "you might lose data" popup appears, you click yes, but the phone doesn't restart? Or are you saying it does restart (maybe taking 30s to get back to the today screen)?

2. Not that I know of. However with the type-ahead you can quickly add people by typing 2-3 letters of their name and using the auto-complete.

3. No, but if you can't access the task manager with your fingers, you must be chubby. :) I can access the task manager without using the stylus. You could look at PhoneAlarm which can be configured to use a single click on the home-screen item to get a task manager dropdown (using a custom skin). It also gives you profiles, etc.

4. Check out Palringo, it's probably about the best free one right now.

Guest hotphil
Got a TyTN II on Monday and love it, but have a few issues..

1.) Installed a few apps yesterday - SKTools, kaiserTweak, HTC Homeplug + customiser, and I notciced now that when I try to turn the phone off, after I hit yes on the popup message for it to turn off, the orange screen comes up, but the phone is still actually on - You can still hit the today button etc. The only way to actually turn the phone off is to remove the battery and replace it :S

Hold in the power button for a couple of seconds and see what it says :)

2.) Is there any way to select multiple contacts to text, either via contacts or the text screen? On my N95, I just have to tick or "Mark" each contact
I think you have to add each one to the To field manually. Pretty sure I've seen some third party apps that allow distribution lists to be set up, but I can't recall any of their names

3.) Are there any 3rd party task managers available that can be accessed without using the stylus? (The built in one needs the stylus to click it in the top right hand corner of the today screen) OR PREFERABLY a way to shortcut the taskmanager to the start menu or homescreen?
i can just about press the task manager with my thumb. Not sure on third party apps for this - i rarely forcibly close running apps

4.) Are there any MSN Messenger apps/Windows Live Messenger apps available for the kaiser?
try palringo. the official Windows Live cab file is floating around too - Google is your friend for that I think. Or a search through the xda-developers site

Guest jimbouk
Hold in the power button for a couple of seconds and see what it says :)

If he is getting the message telling him he might lose data, then he is pushing the power button in for three seconds...

Sounds like one of the apps you;'ve installed has corrupted it - and its now soft resetting instead of powering off.

Try a proper soft reset (stylus in the reset hole) and see if that sorts it - otherwise uninstall the last app you installed and try it again.

Guest big_dogg

Sorry If I didn' t make it clear, but yeah I get the lose dat message, click yes 2 turn off, then it looks like it's off, but if you slide the phone open, it turns the screen back on and then the phone obviously hasn't turned off. I got pocket msn, but I'll try Palringo as you suggested.

cheers :)

Guest big_dogg

Used to use the forum when I had my first smartphone (SPV E200) back in '04, when I was the tender age of 17 lol. Never needed to post as I always found answers with a simple search :) I've only started using this forum again since I got my TyTN II.