My Tytn ii Gripes after 2 weeks...

Guest vwt4

Hi All,

i) No headphone socket... Cant listen to audio book at night and charge phone same time. Cant get my bluetooth thingy to work with audio file, only for making calls....

ii) OK vga out / usb host grrrrrh....

iii) Sim card removal/installation very fiddly, can actually be damaged...Dual sim card slot would be nice.. Does anyone have a better idea of removing sim....?

iv) GPs... Not intuitive... But once you got it no problem

v) Slow processor especially for satnav calculation of route from holland to Czech..Maybe its my SW (Navigon 5 ).

vi) Suspect Slider mech, I prefer the twist and turn of my M5000 (XdA Exec)..

I think I am behaving like a spoilt rat. Its a lovely device sure tytn iii should be awesome once all above is updated.. Perhaps with expansion dongle ala advantage (with video in support) and dual OS (hahahahaha).

i

Guest Paul (MVP)

1) You can get an adaptor for this

2) That would be cool

3) I prefer it to under the battery, haven't heard any reports of it getting damaged?

4) It's preconfigured?

5) Holland to Czech? :)

6) Give me the Kaiser rather than the M5000 any day. All my Universals went wobbly before too long...

P

1) You can get an adaptor for this

2) That would be cool

3) I prefer it to under the battery, haven't heard any reports of it getting damaged?

4) It's preconfigured?

5) Holland to Czech? :)

6) Give me the Kaiser rather than the M5000 any day. All my Universals went wobbly before too long...

P

Paul,

Agreed the Kaiser is far more usable than M5000.

Although I still carry my M5000 around in a small bag along with UX1 (if I need to view run serioous programs). Sadly the M5000 is going to my chest of retired Palmtops(Sharp 2000, Lx95/100/700/680/720/, e100/200 compaqs.. Sometime in the future I may open a museum for them.

Yeah I do crank up the mileage, split loyalty btw England and Cz.

Keep up the good work.

By the way where I can get the usb split for charging and headset..

Cheers

Vt4

Guest WearTheFoxHat
Paul,

Agreed the Kaiser is far more usable than M5000.

Although I still carry my M5000 around in a small bag along with UX1 (if I need to view run serioous programs). Sadly the M5000 is going to my chest of retired Palmtops(Sharp 2000, Lx95/100/700/680/720/, e100/200 compaqs.. Sometime in the future I may open a museum for them.

Yeah I do crank up the mileage, split loyalty btw England and Cz.

Keep up the good work.

By the way where I can get the usb split for charging and headset..

Cheers

Vt4

http://www.expansys.com/t.aspx?f=584

Quite a selection of HTC cables and connectors for the TyTN II there. I have both the ExtUSB to mini usb and 3.5mm, and the ExtUSB to 2 x mini usb one.

hth

Guest gs_london
i) No headphone socket... Cant listen to audio book at night and charge phone same time. Cant get my bluetooth thingy to work with audio file, only for making calls....

I needed to route my tom tom audio through bluetooth for when I'm riding my motorcycles. I found some free software that does this.

I cant remember the website but the software is by 'Triangle Powers' and called Triangle Powers BlueTooth Audio.

A google search should find it.

happy to report it works well and sat nav lady sounds sexy in my ear.