Looking For Comm Manager Tweak

Guest rebecker

Guest rebecker

I'm wondering if there's a tweak, add-on or shortcut command for the Comm Manager on my TyTN II that would add the ability to mute the sound. As it stands now, Comm Manager will switch between sound and vibrate, but not allow me to turn off both. With my fat fingers it's very difficult to click the sound icon on the top bar and then click the 'Off' button in the dialog.

Thanks in advance.

-Bob-

Guest rebecker
there most certainly is

I'm not sure I'm willing to give up all the screen real estate that HTC Home needs. Haven't used it since the second day I had my TyTN.

I've just installed phoneAlarm to see how that works. It looks a little pricey just to get a mute button, but you never know. My initial impression is that is might give me a lot of functionality.

Thanks for the reply.

-Bob-

I have a big recommendation for PhoneWeaver. it's an excellent app with either a one line today screen or an icon in the systray type thing at the bottom of the today screen. This allows many profiles, launching apps, rotating the screen, changing or not changing sounds, etc etc etc. And all switchable either by time, meetings, or just by selecting it from the home screen. Give it a go! I find it excellent.

Guest WearTheFoxHat

PhoneAlarm is great, especially as it allows granular control over all alerts and phone settings. I use it for various timed profiles.

Eg:

Work Mode: Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm

Night Mode: Daily - Midnight to 8am

General Mode: Every other time

When I jump in the car, I select Car mode, and it turns on CamerAware3 and bluetooth too.

But having the ability to just mute the phone no matter which profile im using is great.

Guest rebecker
I have a big recommendation for PhoneWeaver. it's an excellent app with either a one line today screen or an icon in the systray type thing at the bottom of the today screen. This allows many profiles, launching apps, rotating the screen, changing or not changing sounds, etc etc etc. And all switchable either by time, meetings, or just by selecting it from the home screen. Give it a go! I find it excellent.

Thanks for your response. I installed PW. I've written a message over at the SBSH site with many questions. The main one is "How do I create a large mute button?". That's still my main quest. Can it be done?

Thanks.

-Bob-

I'm not sure about that, but why not just create a profile called "mute?" where it turns the sound off and the vibrate off. Then just use the big version of the today screen plugin, and you have large buttons to switch between profiles (I personally have timed ones too, so at night it tuns off email notifications and turns down the volume for text messages notifications)