Problem with new HTC S710

Guest dundeal

Guest dundeal

I recently bought a HTC S710 and while I never tried the text messaging, I have tried the internet and it did work...for a little bit. I tried to text today and it does not send or recieve text. The internet has gone wacko on me...it connects sometimes then sometimes wifi wont turn on even though I just pressed turn on. When it does connect, it may or may not go online. Can someone tell me how to fix these please?

I don't know if its because I modded it but the mods include: PAH VISTA(phone alarm,facade...) and overclocked it.

I also have cingular.

*edit* It could go online after I connected it to my laptop? I don't know why but it did. any ideas?

Edited by dundeal

Guest dheerajk27

I presume that you are trying to connect using Wifi.

If so, go to Connection Manager -> Settings -> WLAN Settings -> Power Mode

Then set "Power Save Mode" value to "Best Performance" from "Auto". Hope that helps.

I recently bought a HTC S710 and while I never tried the text messaging, I have tried the internet and it did work...for a little bit. I tried to text today and it does not send or recieve text. The internet has gone wacko on me...it connects sometimes then sometimes wifi wont turn on even though I just pressed turn on. When it does connect, it may or may not go online. Can someone tell me how to fix these please?

I don't know if its because I modded it but the mods include: PAH VISTA(phone alarm,facade...) and overclocked it.

I also have cingular.

*edit* It could go online after I connected it to my laptop? I don't know why but it did. any ideas?

Edited by dheerajk27

Guest dundeal

im pretty sure I found a solution to my problem about the Wifi. What I did was go to start->comm manager->WiFi->[Wireless network name]->menu->Edit and on network type I switched it to Internet...I don't know what the difference between internet and private/work network is but when it was on private/work network, it did not work. After switching it to Internet it worked fine.

However, I am still having trouble with my text messaging...any solutions to this?