Solutions and advice needed on various in car issues.

Guest Cockeye

Guest Cockeye

I am so sorry for so many questions but thought it would be better for one thread than multiple ones. Even if you can only help with one problem, I would be very grateful.

1. This is the major problem. I got rid of my Go 720 in favour of this "all in one" solution, and whilst the GPS fix speed is awesom on the Tytn II, one major problem is the volume of the unit. I quite simply cannot hear the voices at all over the stereo. I had no problems with the Go 720. I am presuming I need a mount with a speaker? Would this play the TomTom navigation commands through the speaker? Can anyone recommend a mount for the TytnII with a built in speaker - preferably one that can allow me to use it landscape as well as Portrait. I would like one that would go on the windscreen.

2. I currently use a Parrot Blutooth carkit and its great. Works really well with the Tytn, and it routes the calls through the car stereo, muting the music. If I do get a speaker, would it be at all possible to still use the Parrot for calls, and route the TomTom through a speaker or is that not possible?

3. I have an unlimited data tariff on my contract. Can I use the traffic service I see on my screen under TomTom+ and will it automatically download the latest traffic problems? Do I have to pay for this service, or just use it, and if I just use it how do I know it's working?

4. When I start up TomTom the first time, the sound is automatically muted about 9 out of ten times. I have to go into preferences and enable it twice (the first time it doesn't work) before it actually works. Is there any way around this?

I appreciate I am asking a lot here, but any help would be really appreciated.

Guest mortalwombat
I am so sorry for so many questions but thought it would be better for one thread than multiple ones. Even if you can only help with one problem, I would be very grateful.

1. This is the major problem. I got rid of my Go 720 in favour of this "all in one" solution, and whilst the GPS fix speed is awesom on the Tytn II, one major problem is the volume of the unit. I quite simply cannot hear the voices at all over the stereo. I had no problems with the Go 720. I am presuming I need a mount with a speaker? Would this play the TomTom navigation commands through the speaker? Can anyone recommend a mount for the TytnII with a built in speaker - preferably one that can allow me to use it landscape as well as Portrait. I would like one that would go on the windscreen.

2. I currently use a Parrot Blutooth carkit and its great. Works really well with the Tytn, and it routes the calls through the car stereo, muting the music. If I do get a speaker, would it be at all possible to still use the Parrot for calls, and route the TomTom through a speaker or is that not possible?

3. I have an unlimited data tariff on my contract. Can I use the traffic service I see on my screen under TomTom+ and will it automatically download the latest traffic problems? Do I have to pay for this service, or just use it, and if I just use it how do I know it's working?

4. When I start up TomTom the first time, the sound is automatically muted about 9 out of ten times. I have to go into preferences and enable it twice (the first time it doesn't work) before it actually works. Is there any way around this?

I appreciate I am asking a lot here, but any help would be really appreciated.

3) you have to pay for the TomTom traffic service, see www.tomtom.com and sign in. you can add Traffic to your PLUS services.

4) I have this problem too. Haven't found a fix

You might want to take a look in the forums at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?...ewforum&f=6

MW

Guest nuttyphilt

This is a bug in TomTom. The sound is muted if you have an active GPRS connection while starting up TomTom. Version 6.02 upwards has this bug.

Guest Cockeye
This is a bug in TomTom. The sound is muted if you have an active GPRS connection while starting up TomTom. Version 6.02 upwards has this bug.

Fascinating - din't know that. Cheers! :)