SMS conversation program...?

Guest bassibabes

Guest bassibabes

Heya everyone...

My boyfriend has just purchased himself an iFarce - as a rule I hate all apple products, though I can see some good things about this one (most of them having already been stolen and ripped from the 'net onto me Stellar ;-))

The one thing I'm after at the moment is the cool sms interface of the iFarce - where you can see all messages between yourself and whoever else you're texting...is there anything we can get for our XDAs trhat does the same kind of thing? I already have PocketCM which lists the sms's and calls etc between all your contacts but it's not the same in that it's not the default sms program and you can't also text from that screen...

TIA

xx

Guest Cockeye
Just wait for Windows Mobile 6.1 it's due within a couple of weeks and has threaded SMS

There's a new windows out?

Bugger :)

Can't see T Mobile letting us upgrade :D

• 3 months later...
Guest VITOkonstantin
Heya everyone...

My boyfriend has just purchased himself an iFarce - as a rule I hate all apple products, though I can see some good things about this one (most of them having already been stolen and ripped from the 'net onto me Stellar ;-))

The one thing I'm after at the moment is the cool sms interface of the iFarce - where you can see all messages between yourself and whoever else you're texting...is there anything we can get for our XDAs trhat does the same kind of thing? I already have PocketCM which lists the sms's and calls etc between all your contacts but it's not the same in that it's not the default sms program and you can't also text from that screen...

TIA

xx

You can try this threaded texting software at iwindowsmobile.com (SMS-Chat):

sms-chat-h-descr1.gifsms-chat-h-descr2.gifsms-chat-h-descr3.gifsms-chat-h-descr4.gifsms-chat-h-descr5.gif

Guest Webreaper
WinMo 6.1 has it

Anyone know how to turn it off?

Also, anyone know how to delete one message in a conversation (or, more to the point, all but one)? Seems you can only delete a single conversation.

And lastly, how can you forward a text message from somebody?

Guest Shadowfixeruk
Anyone know how to turn it off?Also, anyone know how to delete one message in a conversation (or, more to the point, all but one)? Seems you can only delete a single conversation. And lastly, how can you forward a text message from somebody?

There are some CABS available to turn off the threaded SMS do a search on TLR's original Rom thread....

Forwarding a message.... yeah that is a real PITA.

I did it once - but haven't been able to figure it out again..

my workaround was to copy and paste the txt and send it on.....

Anyone got a better answer...?

SF

Edited by Shadowfixeruk

Guest tsutton
Also, anyone know how to delete one message in a conversation (or, more to the point, all but one)? Seems you can only delete a single conversation.

Open up the threaded messages, muse the joypad to scroll up to the message that youw ant to delete and then go to Menu -> Delete.

To delete all messages from one contact, go to the listing (i.e. leave the threaded messages to listing of names), select which one you want to delete and click on delete.

Using the joypad, move to the specific message you want to forward, click Menu -> Forward.

Edited by tsutton

Guest xeron
There are some CABS available to turn off the threaded SMS do a search on TLR's original Rom thread....

Forwarding a message.... yeah that is a real PITA.

I did it once - but haven't been able to figure it out again..

my workaround was to copy and paste the txt and send it on.....

Anyone got a better answer...?

SF

I've just had a play and if you press Up whilst viewing the conversation, you can select a message and then forward/delete from there. To do the same with the touch screen you have to tap the sender, press OK to get rid of the contact's details and then the message is selected. How badly designed is that. if you could just tap the message or at least the icon next to it to select a message, it would be far more user friendly. And an easy option to turn it off wouldn't go amiss. :D

Guest Boinng
Anyone know how to turn it off?

I answered this in another thread, but Kaisertweak can do it. It's just a registry switch.

To select an individual message within a conversation, scroll up and down with the wheel or the d-pad - you'll see the current message highlighted in pale blue. When the message you want is selected, just press Menu, then select either delete, forward, etc.

For some reason you can't just point to the message you want with the stylus and select it that way, but nevermind.

Guest VITOkonstantin
I've just had a play and if you press Up whilst viewing the conversation, you can select a message and then forward/delete from there. To do the same with the touch screen you have to tap the sender, press OK to get rid of the contact's details and then the message is selected. How badly designed is that. if you could just tap the message or at least the icon next to it to select a message, it would be far more user friendly. And an easy option to turn it off wouldn't go amiss. :D

Tap a message to delete it, resend, or forward - it is exactly how SMS-Chat deals with these options. Why would somebody do it in a different way at Microsoft? Ah, user-friendliness has never been their priority. From what you write this new threaded SMS in 6.1 doesn't look user-friendly at all. Looks like they implemented this in a rush just to be able to answer to iPhone adopters they also have it.