VOX wifi

Guest zakdoek

Guest zakdoek

Hello dear modaco users,

Just got the amazing vox (s710) 4 days ago and I'm very statisfied about the phone, however I still havent succeeded in making connection with my home wireless network.

All computers at home work via wlan(wifi). Only problem is that the router needs a IP adress to give acces to the network... Only i dont know my phone's Ip adress.. so getting connected is impossible! Our network is not password protected and my device can fin it, only not connect.....

can anyone help me with this problem?

thanks in advance,

zakdoek :)

Guest Espensodal

Doesnt your router have dhcp? it assignes ip-adresses to devices. I havent tried to connect my vox to any non dhcp routers, so i really dont know how.

i dont know any reason for not using dhcp except for the static ip streaming advantages (server and media sharing).

set up up your router to have 1 assignable ip adress, set a WEP encryption key, and hide the network.

the other devices could still have their statics, and outside the dhcp range. This way your vox would have the same ip everytime you use it.

Your vox doesnt have any speciffic ip-adress. It might be possible that your router is using mac adresses to give access, if this is the case, try connecting your phone to the network, and configure your router to give access to the phones mac-adress (routers usually show mac-adresses that is currently trying to access network, all you have to do is setting the router to allow the device)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MightyMike75

I read somewhere that you can set an IP adresse in windows mobile 6 (non DHCP).

It should be a new feature.

I search for it, but i didn´t find it in the preferences.

I´m also gracefully about any informations.

MightyMike

Edited by MightyMike75

Guest S710demon

I think the only way to do this is to decrease the security setting on your router, connect your phone, add IP-adress to security filter and raise the security settings again.