Help, My TYTN II just messed up, Virus???

Guest unknown-singh

Guest unknown-singh

Hi guys i dont know what just happened, ive got a Orange tytn II, had it for about a month, i was just using internet explorer and the phone crashed, so i soft reset it, (pushing thy stylus in the bottom of the phone once) like i have done before, and then when it loaded up it took me through device setup, alligning the screen etc, like you do when you first get the phone. then it reloaded the orange stuff, but kept the background i had, and then when i go into proggrames most of them are still there but they are dead links, when clicking on them it says this programme is not valid, please reinstall. also the phone will not switch on, it remains in flight mode even when the comm manager it says the phone is on. i cannot access contatcs, the phone will not connect to activsync, via usb, wifi, bluetooth, the backup software has stopped working, so i reinstalled the backup software from the memory card and when i run the backup file the backup software just closes itself. also it has made duplicates of each proggrame you get as standard, e.g there are now two windows media players, two file explorers and so on.

i cant belive this has happened, i dont know why it happened,

is there anything i can do?

is it a possible virus.

can anyone help me please.

:) :D :D :D :D :D

Guest unknown-singh
That sounds pretty well screwed. I'd back up an docs, hard reset and restore the backup you've already attempted to restore.

Hi, ive hard reset my device, and then attempted to restore from the back up file. however it seems watever it was that infected my device in the first place, also messed up the backup file, as it would not restore properly, anyway i have reinstalled everything from scracth and it seems to be running fine now.

could anybody reccomend a antivirus proggrame for it?

thanks.

Guest dolbe666

probably a corrupted memory card, that would effect the program files and cuase some odd behavior. so would a program thats not compatible. it could be a few things but not a virus, like Lozzd said you dont get viruses for pocket pc's in general, its normally badly written programs installed and corrupting the file system