Windows Mobile 6.1

Guest Subliminal Aura

Guest Subliminal Aura
Despite being a fan of flashing (ooher), I am going to wait a while longer for some solid roms.

Wise choice... I'm going to do likewise as the rom I'm using at the moment is 80% good.

If it's not broken don't try to fix it :)

Plus the new rom looks a little flakey at the moment.

I will however upgrade to the touch dual rom which has had some very good feedback points.

Guest jimbouk
Wise choice... I'm going to do likewise as the rom I'm using at the moment is 80% good.

If it's not broken don't try to fix it :)

Plus the new rom looks a little flakey at the moment.

I will however upgrade to the touch dual rom which has had some very good feedback points.

I am currently running Dualtouch V3 - and its good. I keep wondering about flashing to v4 but think I will just wait til there's a solid 6.1

Guest Subliminal Aura
I am currently running Dualtouch V3 - and its good. I keep wondering about flashing to v4 but think I will just wait til there's a solid 6.1

Huh ? Did I read it incorrectly is V4 6.1 core ? I thought it was 6.0.

Thanks for the heads up in that case I'll have to go V3 then :|

Guest jimbouk

No you were right. Its 6.0.

My point is that v3 is fine - so I am not going to bother making the small leap to v4, if there's going to be a another leap to 6.1 very soon.

Guest dolbe666

Anyone heard anything about the official WM6.1 release for the Kaiser yet? Ive been combing the web looking for info but cant find any actual info on release dates or even proposed release dates from HTC or Microsoft

Edited by dolbe666

Anyone heard anything about the official WM6.1 release for the Kaiser yet? Ive been combing the web looking for info but cant find any actual info on release dates or even proposed release dates from HTC or Microsoft

They will probably release it when they release the new video drivers

:)

I am currently running Dutty's WM6.1 Beta ROM on my Tilt. Only problem I encountered was with the Fn keys, which I was able to fix by installing an older Touch keyboard. I really love the new features, especially threaded SMS. I haven't had any stability problems with it.

Guest dolbe666
I am currently running Dutty's WM6.1 Beta ROM on my Tilt. Only problem I encountered was with the Fn keys, which I was able to fix by installing an older Touch keyboard. I really love the new features, especially threaded SMS. I haven't had any stability problems with it.

yep I've seen dutty's WM6.1 rom but its based on the touch WM6.1 beta rom

yep I've seen dutty's WM6.1 rom but its based on the touch WM6.1 beta rom

I know, but the original question was whether or not anybody has installed 6.1 on their device, not necessarily a version that was made for the Kaiser. The Touch ROM works great on my Kaiser, it is more stable than some Kaiser roms that I have used.

Guest Subliminal Aura

Good points guys but as Jimbouk has indicated it's still early days.

It takes time to find all the quirks and bugs... Anyone else with any feedback about 6.1 ?

Cheers

Guest jimbouk

:)

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Have you seen the posts over at xda?

"lets sue now, its obvious that HTC deliberately and criminally defrauded us all"

Guest jimbouk

I am finding the HTC class action thread over there very amusing. There are about three people who actually understand the issue, the others are all just spouting rubbish. And they don't like being questioned about their claims...

Someone posted a new thread yesterday showing a Kaiser running tomtom just as well as a Hermes and the main class action thread regulars are resolutely ignoring it...

It's a shame there's so much sneering here on the whole drivers subject, it's pretty ugly and pretty stupid. At the end of the day, all the people involved are trying to do is get the most out of these devices, which is supposedly what places like Modaco - and certainly XDA-Devs - are all about.

Yes there are idiots posting on the subject, just like any other, but there are also a lot of intelligent and experienced users finding genuine issues with the Kaiser's performance, and the cause they've identified is quite correct - the video drivers are missing. How anyone can argue that any piece of hardware is complete without the appropriate drivers is beyond me.

You may find the Tytn II acceptable - as do I for most tasks, in fact I think it's a great device - but that doesn't mean others are wrong to find fault. There is a flaw there, however well hidden, and it's right that HTC should be called on it - IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paul (MVP)

Sounds like we really have the same point of view, however video drivers aren't missing, ACCELERATED video drivers are missing. That's definitely not the same thing :)

P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Subliminal Aura

I've just gone 6.1 with Dutty's and boy am I impressed so much so that I might not even get an iphone in the summer !

One query : What radios are you boys using with 6.1 ?

Guest Mr.Clark

:D

Without wishing to sound foolish, do we know when that might be?

As far as I can (cynically) see, they've announced that they'll do the drivers just to shut people up... are they actually working to any sort of release date on them?