Shadow Neo theme with Fizzweather

Guest Bipin Sen

Guest Bipin Sen

Hey guys. I'm jumping into this forum from XDA where I've had a great time. I just upgraded from my SDA to a Shadow. Other than getting depressed at how little some posters paid for their Shadow (I got the $139 deal with a 2y contract), I'm liking what I see so far. This post has several thoughts running through it as I introduce myself. :D

My experience with T-Mobile as far as software upgrades go is pretty bleak. The SDA was completely passed over for the firmware upgrade that it's older brother, the MDA got. I really hope the Shadow doesn't get the same fate. I read the posts where users have spotted the area where the Shadow upgrade is supposedly to be found, only to see it missing. Hmm... :)

Hey guys. I'm jumping into this forum from XDA where I've had a great time. I just upgraded from my SDA to a Shadow. Other than getting depressed at how little some posters paid for their Shadow (I got the $139 deal with a 2y contract), I'm liking what I see so far. This post has several thoughts running through it as I introduce myself. :D

My experience with T-Mobile as far as software upgrades go is pretty bleak. The SDA was completely passed over for the firmware upgrade that it's older brother, the MDA got. I really hope the Shadow doesn't get the same fate. I read the posts where users have spotted the area where the Shadow upgrade is supposedly to be found, only to see it missing. Hmm... :)

I was able to enable FizzWeather in the Neo Interface but had to replace the top iconbar with FizzWeather plugin. This is how it looks:

post-140306-1202239127_thumb.jpg

Guest badbob001
I was able to enable FizzWeather in the Neo Interface but had to replace the top iconbar with FizzWeather plugin.

I wanted to do the same thing but didn't want to lose the status bar. One thing I tried but didn't devote any time to debugging was using the "Orange plug-in" which is a plug-in that allows other plug-ins to be embedded into it. So ideally, the default plug-in shown is the status bar, but if you press left or right, it'll show another plug-in. The orange plug-in is one of those 'obtained through unofficial channels' things so don't ask, don't tell. :)

Would be so cool to devote the top 20 pixels to cycling through info like weather, stocks, etc.

I wanted to do the same thing but didn't want to lose the status bar. One thing I tried but didn't devote any time to debugging was using the "Orange plug-in" which is a plug-in that allows other plug-ins to be embedded into it. So ideally, the default plug-in shown is the status bar, but if you press left or right, it'll show another plug-in. The orange plug-in is one of those 'obtained through unofficial channels' things so don't ask, don't tell. :)

Would be so cool to devote the top 20 pixels to cycling through info like weather, stocks, etc.

Well actually I have one such thing going on!! I call it the Neo Dockstation ( http://allshadow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f...ckstation#p3790 ) and its nothing but a dynamic layout builder and switcher. It lets me load different plugins on those 20, rather its 27, pixels. The big problem is that plugins like FizzWeather do not allow themselves to be non-selectable; so when I loaded FizzWeather at the top, the functionality of the neo home screen became one-way, meaning pressing up on the D-pad takes me to the top bar and not to the previous tab on Neo. So, I guess either you find plugins that are not-selectable or write your own. I have a WMP Now Playing already written and am now working on a Yahoo Weather!. Once I have them, I shall release the dockstation.

Guest Bipin Sen
Well actually I have one such thing going on!! I call it the Neo Dockstation ( http://allshadow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f...ckstation#p3790 ) and its nothing but a dynamic layout builder and switcher. It lets me load different plugins on those 20, rather its 27, pixels. The big problem is that plugins like FizzWeather do not allow themselves to be non-selectable; so when I loaded FizzWeather at the top, the functionality of the neo home screen became one-way, meaning pressing up on the D-pad takes me to the top bar and not to the previous tab on Neo. So, I guess either you find plugins that are not-selectable or write your own. I have a WMP Now Playing already written and am now working on a Yahoo Weather!. Once I have them, I shall release the dockstation.

Hey Rinku! Now that would be an amazing thing! I was thinking if anyone can do it, it would be you... :)

Actually... I do need a little bit of expert advise from you. Since you had authored the icon bar, maybe you know the guts of how the top display works. Check out this thread and see if you have any insights. Sorry for others for being a little off topic here... Maybe this should have been a PM... :D