Accessing Storage Card from Computer without ActiveSync

Guest mZimm

I am almost positive this has been covered before, but I couldn't figure out how to search for it. I am wondering if it is possible to set it up so that I can plug in my phone to a computer without ActiveSync and use the storage card as a removeable storage device.

Guest KevinAlbrecht
I am almost positive this has been covered before, but I couldn't figure out how to search for it. I am wondering if it is possible to set it up so that I can plug in my phone to a computer without ActiveSync and use the storage card as a removeable storage device.

People may mention WM5 Storage as an option, but I know that when I plug my phone in, it shows as a "Drive" in my windows explorer.  Just copy the files that way

Guest rameses

I installed WM5torage on my WM6 Hermes the other day and it works fine. The only adjustment I had to make was to select 'disable RNDIS on activate' from the troubleshooting menu.

Guest dolbe666

In vista i just go to computer and my TYTN II shows up in the menu, i just double click the icon and im into my phone, then just select satorage card, i hardly ever even open WMDC for file transfers.

Edited by dolbe666

Guest Restorer
In vista i just go to computer and my TYTN II shows up in the menu, i just double click the icon and im into my phone, then just select satorage card, i hardly ever even open WMDC for file transfers.

Yes in Vista it is built in. With XP you need to install the Activesync software and then XP will recognize it as in My Computer as "Mobile Device".