Avantgo Alternatives

Guest John W Click

Guest John W Click

I'm new here, so my apologizes in advance if this question has been asked a bajillion times, but I really, really need a news reader that works like Avantgo: one that actually downloads the news from sorce sites that does more than get the first few lines of an artice, forcing one to connect to the wireless web to get the rest. So far, the only news reader that functions like this has been Avantgo, and it no longer works on my HTC Hermes since I upgraded to WM6 Professional. Something about WM6 "not going through their quality control process yet" or something :) . Anyway, about a week after the upgrade, and Avantgo working fine, it suddenly stopped working, my guess is because Sybase released a new version that simply won't work with WM6 Professional.

Is there anything else out there that works like Avantgo? The other news readers I've come across merely grab the first few lines of a story, and force the user to download each article, or actually use the web browser to go to the site, and read the news there. This is tedious, and not always practical.

Does anyone know an application that will let me read the news from one daily download?

Strange. I am using Avantgo just fine on my WM6 Treo 750. I just re-loaded it a month or two ago.

The closest I have come to the off-line (full story) capability to Avantgo is Spb Insight. You can select from RSS feeds (traditional) news blurbs or "channels" which include full text offline.

http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/insight/?en

Edited by JNGold