FixMyMovie updated and improved!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
motiondsp.png
We wrote briefly before about FixMyMovie, but the site has just had a significant update and revamp, and is well worth a look!

From the site...

Make your videos look great!

FixMyMovie is a video enhancement site powered by MotionDSP's patent-pending video technology.

It makes movies from your mobile phone, digital camera, or webcam look great.

Here's the major new enhancements...

- You can now upload a video from anywhere. Even if you don't have an account with FixMyMovie, you can put a video online with one simple step: Just attach a video to an email message to [email protected]. That's it. If you've registered that email or phone number, the video will go into your personal gallery. If you haven't registered, we'll email you back an account. Try it. And yes, we'll have MMS input as well -- give us a few more days.

- Unlike other video sites, we don't trap your videos on FixMyMovie. We added a direct YouTube push button which lets you send any video from FixMyMovie directly to YouTube. Just enter your credentials and send. Or, if you want to keep a copy, you can download high-res versions of any video. They're available in iPod/iPhone/AppleTV-compatible H264, or Windows Media.

- We're all about video quality at FixMyMovie. FixMyMovie uses the very latest version of MotionDSP's patent-pending video enhancement suite. Your videos are automatically processed with core super-resolution techniques which increase resolution by up to 4x (download the high-bitrate "iPod video" to see), significantly reduce noise, and bring out exceptional detail in your videos. Next, your videos are automatically processed for brightness/contrast, bringing dark videos back to life. Finally, we re-encode all videos in high-bitrate H264 (which is now supported in Flash). Your videos look better on FixMyMovie than any other site. Period.

I think you'll agree, it sounds pretty sweet, and to be honest we need all the help we can get with our video quality :)

I'm gonna shoot some sample videos and put them online but in the meantime, give it a go and let me know what you think! You can also read a bit more about the MotionDSP technology in this article.

P

Guest nickcornaglia
Looks good... I have a few movies that are blurry/fuzzy - let see what they can do for me!

Appears to blur out pixelation...creating smoother lines but....blurrier. May be more of an illusion that the less blocky pixels you see...the better the video is. But the proof is in the pudding, so off to give it a try soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.