HTC Shift coming to Orange soon!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Some interesting news from TracyandMatt regarding the forthcoming HTC Shift, which looks set to get it's UK debut at least as an Orange Exclusive!

From the site...

You heard it here first, the HTC Shift appears in the Orange catalogue.

orangeshift.jpg

You may recall that we mentioned that Orange were planning to start selling the HTC Shift in our post back in August of last year (Orange to Shift the HTC Shift). Today we came by the new Orange pricebook for February and were surprised to find that the HTC Shift is already listed as a coming soon device, stating that the device will arrive some time in March.

Orange HTC Shift

We are pleased to announce that the HTC Shift is due to launch in early March and is a first to market for Orange. Offering both Vista and WM6 this device is the perfect option for Customers who travel regularly, but do not want to take a full size laptop.

Orange are offering the device as a package complete with SIM, Contract and full support. However, I really do not think that I would be happy with Orange supporting (or attempting to support) my Notebook PC!

You can see the full Orange Price book for February HERE.

EDIT: According to one of my sources close to Orange, the Shift will hit Orange at about the £900 mark but you will have to sign up for their support contract as well as a data tariff. I'm waiting for details!

Check out the full article for more details.

So that rules out the Shift on Orange for me then! I have to admit to hoping the network subsidy would REDUCE the price of the device, not INCREASE it!

:)

P

Guest Electronic Punk

Think of all the work they are putting in tho.

I am sure there will be a lovely orange start bar when you first boot into Vista and they will have removed WMP and replaced it with their own player - that alone is worth the increase but there will be so much more!

Guest chucky.egg

An Orange support contract?

I wonder if they'll charge you an additional £15 every time you raise an issue - just like the insurance that they charge you monthly for?

Guest randomelements

Good old Orange, they just don't have a clue do they :)

They'll have to bring the price down once the exclusive period ends.

Oh and they need to get their facts straight: WM6? er, no... SnapVUE, yes!

Edited by randomelements

Guest mstephenson

£900?! Think someone at Orange has well and truely lost the plot with this one, that's an insane amount of money for what it is. Who in their right mind is going to pay £900 for it, as well as data and service charges?! Usually I can see that there is a market for pretty much any type of device but I really am struggling with this one

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.