Homescreen Customisation

Guest kidinspace

Guest kidinspace

Does anybody know if there is a way to move the items on the homescreen of the S710?

I just use the Windows Default one with the Windows Live plugin and all i would want to do is move some of the items around a bit, like put the Messening item under the one for the Comm Manager etc... is this possible?

On another note, i was trying to tidy up my start menu because it is getting too long to scroll thru, and i was trying to put some icons for programs into the "programs" folder thru Windows Explorer on my machine but when i go to move them it tells me they are protected... Does anyone have a work around for this?

.G.

Guest Rolandhurt01
Does anybody know if there is a way to move the items on the homescreen of the S710?

I just use the Windows Default one with the Windows Live plugin and all i would want to do is move some of the items around a bit, like put the Messening item under the one for the Comm Manager etc... is this possible?

On another note, i was trying to tidy up my start menu because it is getting too long to scroll thru, and i was trying to put some icons for programs into the "programs" folder thru Windows Explorer on my machine but when i go to move them it tells me they are protected... Does anyone have a work around for this?

.G.

Use Facade to move HomeScreen plugins around, it's not free but it is the easiest way I can think to move plugins around, unless you don't mind fiddling with the xml file for Homescreen.

Try using Total Commander, it's the only file mannager that I know that can move protected system files and it is free.

Roland

Guest madferret

Fiddling with the xml isn't that hard to do. Just make a copy of your current homescreen (making sure the filename still ends in .home.xml or the phone won't see it), change the title so you know it's your custom screen then open it in a text editor.

To move things around on the screen just rearrange the blocks based on the & labels (including the labels themselves).

Edited by madferret