MWC 2008: T-Mo announce new MDA models, tease with Compact IV, flat rate roaming data, US 3G and no Shadow for Europe!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Confucious
That Ameo *so* needs some RealVGA :/

You would have thought that HTC would have built it in as standard by now - and employed Tobias!

The flat rate data is a vast improvement on what we had before and on what some still have in the UK!

Guest Confucious

Push email, chat on MSN to the g/f and generally be able to use my phone without running up £ooo's in charges will be a bonus - I'll be able to stop using the wonderful nodata!

• 3 weeks later...

Pictures of the MDA Compact IV are available on PhoneMag from pictures they took at CeBIT 2008.

Looks like a Windows Mobile Standard device, unlike all the previous MDA Compacts which have had a touch screen.

Guest creamhackered
Pictures of the MDA Compact IV are available on PhoneMag from pictures they took at CeBIT 2008.

Looks like a Windows Mobile Standard device, unlike all the previous MDA Compacts which have had a touch screen.

Where did you get that idea from that it's a WinMo standard? It doesn't say that on the site and it clearly states it is touchscreen!

Where did you get that idea from that it's a WinMo standard? It doesn't say that on the site and it clearly states it is touchscreen!

Well, WM standard devices always have the 'home' and 'back' keys, as does the MDA Compact IV seen in the photos. WM Pro devices have 'Windows' and 'OK' keys instead.

There are more pictures of the device on Engadget, and as far as I can make out there is no stylus silo either. This means that the stylus is located on the bottom edge, or it is simply a non-touchscreen device? Or pehaps they have modified WM Pro so no stylus is needed? Oh I see it now. The stylus is on the lower right edge.

Actually, it must be a touch screen because there are no left and right hardware soft keys, which would suggest that you are reliant on touching the virtual soft keys. Could this represent the final convergence between WM Pro and Standard into a unified platform?

Edited by ZSX

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.