MWC 2008: HTC launch red 'Touch Dual'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
14-Feb-2008_redtouch.JPG
Greetings from Mobile World Congress, where i've been mooching around the HTC stand this morning :) On the stand, and launched at the show is this little beast, the 'Red HTC Touch Dual'. Looks very nice in the flesh actually, I like it! Not only that, the device was running an as-yet-unreleased software build, which included Opera 9.5 in ROM, confirming that HTC will be licencing the application for inclusion on their devices, together with Flash Lite.

I also had a meeting with Opera this morning to see the new browser. I'll say this... be excited :D

P

So I wonder if existing Touch Dual roms will get updated with Opera 9.5 cooked in...hmm...

Oh, Paul - you never did post a review of the Touch Dual did you? Still think it's the best Windows Mobile device ever? (Thinking of buying one to replace my out-of-favor Kaiser).

It will be nice if you could test Opera on devices with 64MB of RAM, seeing as 128MB devices are only now becoming the norm and there are a large number of 64MB devices still being sold and used.

Guest kirstygold
On the stand, and launched at the show is this little beast, the 'Red HTC Touch Dual'.

P

:) :D :D

Poo Poo and again Poo.... I bought the black one 10 days ago. I want a refund (and a red one!!!)

(On the other hand, I'm loving it but I'm only getting used to the touch screen. I was on hold for someone - using speaker phone- and wiped some dust off the screen........ yes, you've guessed it - I had the dialing tone <_< )

Guest greenturtle

I have a sneaky suspicion Orange may be getting this phone soon.

On the phone to Orange sorting out a replacement Touch Dual as my Camera stopped working the women kept checking that it was the Black Touch Dual Ihad.

"You have the Black Touch Dual yes?"

"So that's a Black Touch Dual to be delivered on..."

Could just be a coincidence.

Sam

Guest greenturtle

Haha.

Oh I love Orange. They replaced my handset on Tuesday with a Touch Dual that's slider was almost unusable! The ribbon cable sounded like it was grinding against something and then the slider got locked open.

Got another shiny new replacement now though!

Guest bydandie
Haha!

I think - ASIDE FROM LACK OF WIFI / GPS - it probably is!

P

I have to agree. WiFi isn't important (To me), I have a keychain BT GPS unit, bought a signal booster for £1 to up my signal at home and have applied the battery savings tweaks from XDA-Devs. It beats the Kaiser for me, although the Kaiser is still my work device.

Edited by bydandie

Guest nickcornaglia

Wonder if AT&T will be getting this soon to go with all of their red phones. Seems to be a pre-requisite to have a red version of all their phones for some reason.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.