External Bluetooth GPS and flight mode

Guest radioradio

Guest radioradio

Hi all,

Following my BT connection post, I have been able to connect my external GPS using Bluetooth (BT) to my TyTN 2.

HOWEVER - this may be intentional or not.

If the device is in flight mode with the phone off - no 'data connection' is open and the BT GPS does NOT connect.

If the device is NOT in flight mode (with the phone on) - the BT GPS connects fine in TomTom, Google maps, Navizon etc..

Maybe this is intentional - but it is really irritating. Having to turn the phone on to use an external GPS.

NOTE that the INTERNAL GPS works fine with TomTom etc when nothing is on and the device is in flight mode!!

I wonder if there is a registry hack for this one?

ON MY iPAQ 6915 you could turn on phone, BT or WiFi totally independantly of each other.

Thus you could turn on BT without the phone and conect to external GPS.

Seems not to be the same on the TyTN 2

Otherwise - it's a great machine.

Cheers all.

Edited by radioradio

Guest dolbe666

ITs been like that with tomtom for as long as i can rmember. there is a flight mode patch to let you use tomtom in flight mode with just your bluetooth but its an ilegal patch so i cant link you to it. so its best if you google "tomtom flight mode patch"

Paul,

If this reply is in anyway an infringment of the rules please delete it. I think its borderline as I have mentioned a solution that will need a patch that is not found through normal channels

Guest radioradio
ITs been like that with tomtom for as long as i can rmember. there is a flight mode patch to let you use tomtom in flight mode with just your bluetooth but its an ilegal patch so i cant link you to it. so its best if you google "tomtom flight mode patch"

Paul,

If this reply is in anyway an infringment of the rules please delete it. I think its borderline as I have mentioned a solution that will need a patch that is not found through normal channels

Thanks for this - I have found it, but I have another GPS program that will work in flight mode so no problems.

At least I know it is TomTom and not the device setup.

Cheers, Bill

Guest dolbe666
you don't really need flight mode. just go to comm manager, turn off phone and turn on bluetooth...easy...

tomtom recognises that the phone is turned off and that is what tomtom consideres flight mode