Install Tomtom 6 on HTC S710

Guest spanje

I tried to install from DVD / Tomtom Home. The icon does not appear and Tomtom cannot be started. Clicking on file Start.exe (on S710, with logo) does not give any response. result: I can't get Tomtom running. Maps are copied to S710 and application I'm not sure if it was completed: several maps on S710 namend Tomtom are empty.

Now several people reported problems installing this application, and some replies some up. However I still don't understand how it's done successfully.

Can someone explain it to me step by step? Perhaps some work but I would appreciate it!

Regards, Spanje

Guest Neil5459

TomTom Navigator 6 does not run on Smartphone devices :) It needs a touchscreen to function.

There have been some reports of it being ported somehow, but I think a lot of the screenshots around are photoshopped.

Guest sirride
TomTom Navigator 6 does not run on Smartphone devices :) It needs a touchscreen to function.

There have been some reports of it being ported somehow, but I think a lot of the screenshots around are photoshopped.

I write straight out of my mind, as i dont have a possibilitie to connect my s710 at the moment.

TomTom definitley runs at S710, but with issues.

-Runns better with original-firmware (dont!! Update the ROM!)

Installation:

Install via TT Home to StorageCard. I recommend the "Januarry 2007 Update" found at tomtom.com

After install, there will be a folder with 4 numbers at the storrage card.

Copy the cab file from there to your PC.

Extract it using winzip/winrar.

Open the xml file in there and look which files will get which names.

Copy all files back to S710. Doesnt matter where exactly. I copied to StorageCard\Program files\TomTom

Start TomTom from there or create a shortcut to the startmenu.

Install Maps

Use TTHome

Use TomTom

install fakecursor if you need it.

I just need it incase of typos.

QUERTZ or QWERTY Keyboard WILL NOT run in TT6

I write straight out of my mind, as i dont have a possibilitie to connect my s710 at the moment.

Installation:

Install via TT Home to StorageCard. I recommend the "Januarry 2007 Update" found at tomtom.com

Copy all files back to S710. Doesnt matter where exactly. I copied to StorageCard\Program files\TomTom

Install Maps

Use TTHome

Use TomTom

Thanks sirride for your time and trouble, however I'm still stuck. Do I use the ttn.cab or ttn2003.cab from the folder /2577? I used the ttn.cab. Having the xml-file opened I see a lot of code but I can not make out which files get which names. And I don't understand what to do nect with the renamend (??) files. Having copied the extracted files to the folder you mentioned on the S710 and clicking on each of them does not cause any action. Tomtom is not installed nor will it start.

I really would appreciate more help. I'm not an technical expert as you may understand by mow.

Regards, spanje

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sjoerdraben

Installation:

Install Maps

Use TTHome

Use TomTom

fakecursor was not functioning correctly, so I used the windows mobile developer power toys from microsoft.

It uses CERHost to operate your mobile from your PC.

Just connect with Activesync, launch CERHost on your mobile, select your PC to connect to, and there you go.

Guest Gunde
TomTom Navigator 6 does not run on Smartphone devices :D It needs a touchscreen to function.

You are wrong. Very wrong indeed.

Guest sirride

Step 1

Download Januar2007 update from TomTom-Site

Step 2

Install TomTom

Step 3

Install maps with TTHome

Step 4

go to storrage card and open folder 2577

klick ttn.cab

Wait until error-msg comes and "OK"

Step 5

Copy ttn.cab from storage card\2577 to Computer and extract it

Step 6

Rename those files

"TOMTOM~1.001" to "TomTom Navigator.exe"

"0000data.002" to "data.chk"

"TTN6BT~1.003" to "ttn6bt2003.dll"

"BtCoreIf.004" to "BtCoreIf.dll"

"BTSDKC~1.005" to "BtSdkCE30.dll"

Step 7

Create a folder \storage card\program files\tomtom (or whatever name you want)

Step 8

Copy files from step 6 to folder from step7

Step 9

Create a shortcut to the startmenu from \storage card\program files\tomtom\tomtom navigator.exe (I used TotalCommander)

Step 10

google for meinereiner FC_camera.cab, download, copy to Vox and run it.

It will install fakecursor and link it to the "Cam-Button"

Final Step

Run TomTom and have fun

Edited by sirride

Guest Neil5459
You are wrong. Very wrong indeed.

I know- and I acknowledged it above in my thanks to sirride :D

It's still not a simple process for novices though- why oh why won't TomTom get their fingers out :(

Guest Gunde
I know- and I acknowledged it above in my thanks to sirride :D

It's still not a simple process for novices though- why oh why won't TomTom get their fingers out :(

That's a good question. Seems they have totally abandoned the smartphone market

Guest Neil5459
That's a good question. Seems they have totally abandoned the smartphone market

.. and may be thinking about abandoning the PPC market as well? They have 'no plans' to release V7 for the PPC other than the updated maps, but no Mapshare function.

• 1 month later...
Guest spacemonkey

Another relatively simple approach is to use either the emulator in the SDK or a pocket PC device.

1) Install TomTom6 to PPC emulator or Device

2) Copy files from /Program Files to your smartphone

3) Create a shortcut to Navigator.exe

then use either remote control or fake cursor to fire it up and configure it. Basically once you've configured it and got the gps working you won't need to use fake cursor again.

It all pretty much works perfectly, the only problem is that you can't select later options on a list, clicking the centre of the joystick selects option 1 but you can never select a later option. So when choosing your destination you have to be specific enough to have it at the top. It also makes favourites almost completely unuseable.

Good enough for me though ;-) And mine is running on the 6.1 "dodgy" rom and it works sweet.