Auto correct not working

Guest whatmeworry

Guest whatmeworry

Hi, have a slight issue with my Vario III which is bugging me. The autocorrect feature has stopped working, meaning that (for instance) when I type into the To field on a text or email it doesn't automatically suggest a recipient.

Not sure if this is related or not but I also have an abc logo that appears in the title bar at times. My guess is that this may be related to a SIP I had installed (possibly the Touch Keyboard which I had for a while).

Any help would be appreciated - I'm running the standard T-mobile ROM.

Thanks!

Have you soft reset? I had this a couple of times when running out of memory on the phone thanks to some crappy application, and soft resetting fixed it. Might not be the same thing though.

Guest whatmeworry
Have you soft reset? I had this a couple of times when running out of memory on the phone thanks to some crappy application, and soft resetting fixed it. Might not be the same thing though.

Yes, I'm addicted to Sprite backup so it's been soft reset a good few times.

Your initial hunch is correct, the Touch keyboards mess up the auto-complete, as well as screwing up the some of the functions of the hardware keyboard. It's best avoided on the Kaiser altogether in my experience

by the sound of it it may not have completely uninstalled, try re-installing an then uninstalling again to eradicate it all from the device. if that still doesn't fix it you may need to try something like MemMaid or SKTools