HTC Touch Dual 'c to a' Fix!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

mcoquet - could you check your \Windows directory for a file named something like eT9.Nike.20Keys.???.kmap.txt, and if you find it, post it in this thread?

Just to confirm, XT9 language is set to French right?

P

Guest mcoquet
mcoquet - could you check your \Windows directory for a file named something like eT9.Nike.20Keys.???.kmap.txt, and if you find it, post it in this thread?

Just to confirm, XT9 language is set to French right?

P

indeed, XT9 is set to French, still the touch kb is azerty and the hardware kb is qwerty...

in my \windows folder, i found the file you talk about, here it is in attachment. thanks in advance for your help :-)

eT9.Nike.20Keys.kmap.txt

Guest marqnet
touchdualopen.png
If (like my better half) you have a HTC Touch Dual 12 key, then you've probably come across the REALLY annoying bug whereby when you press the button to get an 'a', it bizarrely defaults to a 'c'. And then, you input the 'a' a few times to teach it to use that instead of a 'c', and in no time it forgets it again. DOH!

Well, help is at hand in the form of the 'MoDaCo Touch Dual 'c to a' fix' :D As the name suggests, installing this tiny little CAB onto your device will resolve this issue, and you'll be sending messages that now make sense to people in no time. Hurrah!

Enjoy, and post here how it works out for you!

P

MoDaCo_Touch_Dual__c_to_a__Fix.CAB

hi paul fantastic mod and saw this over on coolsmartphone clicked on the link whilst surfing on my Touch Dual and it downloads c (theres one‚ sorry not done the mod yet obviously) and it downloads c file called index.php I must be missing something apart from my brain cell

Duuuur Sorry Numpty Moment got now . fantastic no more cc seneore just aa come ed ;-) :)

Edited by marqnet

Guest Paul (MVP)
indeed, XT9 is set to French, still the touch kb is azerty and the hardware kb is qwerty...

in my \windows folder, i found the file you talk about, here it is in attachment. thanks in advance for your help :-)

Hmmm, not sure that's going to be useful actually.

I'll have a snoop around the wife's Dual tomorrow and see if I can find anything useful!

One other question, if you switch the device to German T9, does the keyboard behave as QWERTY or AZERTY?

P

Guest mcoquet
Hmmm, not sure that's going to be useful actually.

I'll have a snoop around the wife's Dual tomorrow and see if I can find anything useful!

One other question, if you switch the device to German T9, does the keyboard behave as QWERTY or AZERTY?

P

hmmm even more awkward now, when i choose XT9 german and try the hardware kb, it goes ... ASERTZ ! i just don't get how HTC people in R&D have thought this !

Guest kirstygold
Just put the CAB somewhere, find it with file explorer and run it!

P

:) thanks for a Proper reply! I forgot that I'd have to install - Doh.

And thanks for a great tweak. All working as it should :D

hmmm even more awkward now, when i choose XT9 german and try the hardware kb, it goes ... ASERTZ ! i just don't get how HTC people in R&D have thought this !

I have the same problem with a physical QWERTZ keyboard. When I use T9 in the French language, keyboard mapping goes QWERTY!

The HotLine of HTC confirmed that the problem exists… but they can do nothing !!!!!!!!

Thanks for your help.

Guest CommanderAJ
touchdualopen.png
If (like my better half) you have a HTC Touch Dual 12 key, then you've probably come across the REALLY annoying bug whereby when you press the button to get an 'a', it bizarrely defaults to a 'c'. And then, you input the 'a' a few times to teach it to use that instead of a 'c', and in no time it forgets it again. DOH!

Well, help is at hand in the form of the 'MoDaCo Touch Dual 'c to a' fix' :) As the name suggests, installing this tiny little CAB onto your device will resolve this issue, and you'll be sending messages that now make sense to people in no time. Hurrah!

Enjoy, and post here how it works out for you!

P

MoDaCo_Touch_Dual__c_to_a__Fix.CAB

Excellent won't upset my aunt when I next send her a text :D

Thank-you

Guest monkeygadge

Paul

Cheers for the fix mate! One potential problem though.

Since installing this CAB, when I spell a word and hit the action key, the phone now inserts two of the words back to back. i.e. when spelling 'snooze', the phone insterts 'snoozesnooze'.

Anyone else got this problem?

Could it be something to do with the CAB file?

TIA

Not seen this, anyone else?

Since this only updates a text file it seems unlikely, but you never know!

P

I get the repeated word thing too, but I don't think I added a custom word before I ran the update so I have no idea if it was happening before.

Derek

• 1 month later...
Guest Griff_FFOC
Hi,

My T9 still chooses "c" after I type "is". i.e "this is a phone" types as "this is c phone"

Is this normal?

I installed this on the Touch Dual I got from Orange today, and after a restart, mine too still seems to default to the letter 'C'.

I'll try reinstalling it again and see if that fixes it.

Edited by Griff_FFOC

Guest Griff_FFOC

Re-installed it, accepted the prompt to remove and reinstall it, rebooted the phone, and all is well.

As i've said so many time...... "Thanks, and excellent work Paul" :D

Now to get CamerAware removed from the E650 and installed on the Touch. :(

hi, this mod worked great, but why not use the transcriber, this is the best feature i think for texting... i can write whole sentences and it works just fine?

• 2 months later...
Guest AdzHTC

Just my 2p worth mate but you are a leg - end, this rocks my world and at 1am I was so annoyed with my HTC Nike I was desperate to find a fix - credit to xda developers for sending me to Modaco...

P.s. as a newb I hope I haven't said a naughty word by referring to another mod site.

Cheers

Adz

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.