Image resizer and Resco/Paypal

Guest Webreaper

Guest Webreaper

I'm looking for two things:

1. An image resizer for PocketPC (so I can shrink photos to a specific size before emailing, rather than the random resize that PO does). Free ideally.... and a cab install.

2. I want to get a properly licenced copy of Resco Explorer, and have some PayPal funds I want to use. Unfortunately, Resco don't take PayPal, and Handango don't accept payments from non-US paypal accounts. Anyone got any other ideas? :)

Guest Paul (MVP)

1. Resco Photo Viewer lets you do this, and is what I use. Obviously does a ton of other stuff too, and includes a great screen capture app!

2. Use your PayPal to sign up to Plus and get Resco Explorer free :) Failing that, visit http://fairdeal.modaco.com/product.asp?id=192. You can use PayPal there, and be happy in the knowledge that the developer gets the biggest cut of the sale of any of the online stores (by far)... 80% compared to likely 50% with Handango!

P

Guest Webreaper

Thanks Paul. Ideal.

I was actually considering buying the resco package with Photo Viewer from Handango - if fairdeal gives Resco a bigger slice then so much the better. It's just a shame that the Utility package comes with Resco 2005 and not 2007. :)

Thought about 'Plus' too, but given that the only app I want is explorer, the choice between £35 or £15 was a no-brainer.

Guest Webreaper

Oh, and according to the website, Resco Explorer 2007 isn't compatible with the Kaiser. Erm, "don't believe you". :)

Edit: And while I'm mumbling on, there's certificate security errors on the images in the shop. :|

Edited by Webreaper

Guest Webreaper
Just mail them and i'm sure they'll update your licence to 2007 should that be the case, as their site clearly states it includes the 2007 ver now!

Bought. Unfortunately, not installed yet because for some reason you have to install with a PC - there's not a way to extract the CAB. Pfffft.