CoPilot or TomTom?

Guest Aero

Hi folks,

there are a few topics on this but no real conclusions seem to have been come to.

I've used my wife's standalone TomTom 510 many times and it works very well. My brother has a TyTN II and has bought CoPilot 7 which he really rates.

I must admit it looked very impressive on his phone and I liked the navigation to contacts and the tracking using a website. He did say that the PC software was woeful though, and I have read that the routing could be better (surely a major flaw in satnav software!).

So, which is going to be best?

Guest Mr Alom
Hi folks,

there are a few topics on this but no real conclusions seem to have been come to.

I've used my wife's standalone TomTom 510 many times and it works very well. My brother has a TyTN II and has bought CoPilot 7 which he really rates.

I must admit it looked very impressive on his phone and I liked the navigation to contacts and the tracking using a website. He did say that the PC software was woeful though, and I have read that the routing could be better (surely a major flaw in satnav software!).

So, which is going to be best?

:D I'd go for Tom-Tom, I've been using the ver.6 on my Kaiser and also used it on my old phone (MDA Vario II) for 12 months and I think it's an excellent SatNav software. You can do a lot of personal settings e.g. change voice, speed camera detector, walk mode, cycle mode etc. I haven't used/seen Co-Pilot but been told my friends n colleagues that it's useless. :)