Pantech 'Duo'

Guest pantechthemes

Guest pantechthemes

after quite a while i found out how to do it from one helpful person on a different forum, so i decided to post it here.

I (BLACKEYE32007) HAVE FIGURED OUT HOW TO SET RINGTONES FOR TEXT MESSAGES ON THE PANTECH DUO:

Thanks to "aohnson" and his post(s) I've figured out how to add my own ringtones so that they sound when I have a text message, voicemail, instant message, etc. (Thanks again Aohnson )

*WARNING I DO NOT know the extent at which this works ( "How many tones that can be added""How long the ringtones can be" FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!! I AM NOT/WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CASUED TO YOUR PANTECH DUO BY PERFORMING THIS PROCESS!! Doing this involves tinkering with the phones defaults if you change something that you are not supposed to the phone may not work causing the phones warranty to be void (Solution:If your not sure what your doing DONT DO IT). Before you start make sure all ringtones you desire to be used as alerts for text messages, voicemail, etc. are in the "\My Documents\My Ringtones\" folder. This is very important as you will see. Also make sure all ringtones are short enough (15 seconds MAX) that they will be recognized as useable tones*

1. Download the Mobile Registry Editor (Don't worry it's Free) Breaksoft . com >Blog> Utlities (sorry forum wound not allow a direct link)

2. Connect your Pantech Duo to your Desktop/Laptop and run the registry editor

3. Once your device and has been connected to the Editor open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" (should be the second file folder down)

4. Open "Control Panel" (this should also be the second file folder down)

5. Click (and only click) "Sounds" (Should be the 15th file folder down *make sure its just "Sounds" and not "SoundCatergories"*)

6. Double Click "All Sounds"

7. In the pop up menu box scroll down to the end of the list of assorted factory tones

8. Put your cursor at the end of the last line and press enter to creat a new line to type in

9. Type in " \My Documents\My Ringtones\ " immediately by the exact name of the file you wish to enter ( EXAMPLE: \My Documents\My Ringtones\342.wow.mp3) MAKE SURE YOU ADD THE FILE TYPE (.wma,.mp3, etc.)

10. Click "OK" when you are finsihed adding your ringtones

11. On your Pantech Duo from the home menu Click Start>Settings>Sounds>Text Message then scroll through the tone options to reveal that tones you added are options and and can be play automatically!!

Reply and tell me if it worked, if it didn't, or if the directions are unclear P.S. have someone text you to double check if it works

• 3 months later...