CorePlayer updated to version 1.2.0 (preview)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

CorePlayer, the all singing all dancing play-everything application for Windows Mobile has been updated to version 1.2.0.

The new update - which is free to existing customers - includes over 500 fixes and over 1000 changes / additions since the last build :), including:

coreplayerlogo.png
- FIX: Over 500+ Fixes

- FIX: Improved v1 skin UI

- FIX: Qualcomm QTv / Camera issue

- FIX: CoreAVC AVCHD streams

- ADD: Multi-language support (14)

- ADD: Google GData support

- ADD: Google / YouTube Integration (to be released in v1.2.1)

- ADD: RTP/RTSP support

- ADD: UDP Unicast / Multicast support

- ADD: HTTP Tunneling support

- ADD: RTCP (keep alive)

- ADD: IPTV / DVB-H Ready

- ADD: Enhanced Benchmarking (more accurate)

- ADD: Qualcomm QTv Hardware Overlay support

- ADD: CoreUI Widget Modular Isolation

- ADD: CoreUI Skin Enhancement

- ADD: CoreUI PNG Alpha Transparency support

- ADD: Core-C Enhancements

- ADD: Initial Pocket Internet Explorer integration (mimetype)

- ADD: Speex Audio support

- ADD: GSM Audio support

- ADD: WMMX Optimizations

- ADD: AVCHD M2TS support

- ADD: SMB Browsing Win32 and OS X

- ADD: Native Open Dialogue for Win32 and OS X

- ADD: CorePlayer Pro for Windows

- ADD: Coreplayer Pro for OS X

- Plus another 1000+ add/changes since v1.1

You should see better mobile YouTube support, better Kaiser playback and much much more.

Unfortunately no free trial is available (they REALLY should fix that), but the application is available to buy for $24.95 from MoDaCo FairDeal - giving a fair deal to Developers.

Are you a CorePlayer customer? Let us know how the new version works out for you!

P

Guest hamishmacdonald

Um, this looks exactly the same on my device as the previous version.

I checked the 'About' screen and it shows as version 1.20. Is the new interface coming with the 1.21 release?

Guest mstephenson

No free trial really is crazy. I'm quite happy with my media player but always on the lookout for something that might be better, how am I meant to know if this is worth it or not without a trial? I'm not paying £12.50 to find out! They've lost themselves a potential sale in me

Guest mikeeey
FIX: Qualcomm QTv / Camera issue

hold on there... fixed camera issue? i dont think so... on xda people have said core player does make video playback on the kaiser much better, it adds the QTv driver, but that's only with Coreplayer, everything else still occurs such as graphics rendering and the camera bug. Also ive heard running coreplayer ni the background and trying to take a picture just corrupts the picture.

hold on there... fixed camera issue? i dont think so... on xda people have said core player does make video playback on the kaiser much better, it adds the QTv driver, but that's only with Coreplayer, everything else still occurs such as graphics rendering and the camera bug. Also ive heard running coreplayer ni the background and trying to take a picture just corrupts the picture.

Err you just answered your own question.

Pictures ano longer corrupted when using Qtv in coreplayer

Guest Menneisyys
Um, this looks exactly the same on my device as the previous version.

I checked the 'About' screen and it shows as version 1.20. Is the new interface coming with the 1.21 release?

Yes, they plan to issue a new version, 1.2.1 , VERY soon with the V2, iPhone-like GUI - in a week as they say. See http://www.corecodec.com/forums/index.php?board=4.0

Guest Menneisyys
No trial? No joy. I wonder if this works OK with the Athena? I'll find out one day when enough people have wasted their money trying it.

It's atated to play nice - see http://www.corecodec.com/forums/index.php?...picseen#msg4203 :

"On a whim I set the video output to ATI Imageon with acceleration enabled (no dithering), and I'm getting nearly flawless playback (device = HTC Athena) on some H.264 videos (480x320 24FPS DVD rips via Handbreak using standard i-phone settings and some 320x240 30 FPS H.264 videos recorded via WMC and transcoded via iPodifier). Wow! I didn't think the ATI Imageon hardware acceleration on the Athena would ever be possible, so this makes me happy!

640x480 res playback is still horrible, but this is a big step."

Note that he's speaking of the much more resource-intensive H.264 (see my H.264 Bible for an examplanation on the why's); plain MPEG4 Part 2 (DivX / Xvid) would play much nicer.

Guest Menneisyys
No free trial really is crazy. I'm quite happy with my media player but always on the lookout for something that might be better, how am I meant to know if this is worth it or not without a trial? I'm not paying £12.50 to find out! They've lost themselves a potential sale in me

Yup, not having a trial is really a pain in the butt. However, I think this is one of the very few titles that are worth purchasing even w/o a trial. It's constantly being enhanced and, now, is much more powerful than the (abandoned) TCPMP - unless you need some of the specific plug-ins only available for the latter (for example, AC3, HE-AACv2 or Flash YouTube).

I've published several behcnmarks in my later multimedia-related articles (directly comparing CP to TCPMP); they've been posted to the PPC SW software here if interested.

Plz read before posting about XDA

Qtv is working, playback is the best with coreplayer. Has nothing to do with the missing driver(s) for the 7xxxx chipset.

The camerabug is fixed.. not reading just tryed overhere....

PS don't a buy a HTC with 7xxxx !@!

Guest Menneisyys
So CP can't use the Flash YouTube plug-in? Not a lot of use then..

Come back BetaPlayer....

At least this is what BetaBoy stated. They got it working internally, in their own versions but are not allowed to release full YouTube (=Flash) support due to © / licensing problems. That is, CP will, unlike TCPMP, only support the vastly inferior Mobile Youtube.

(F**k *** Adobe - it's all what I can say.... :) )

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.