Help with xda Graphite Wi-Fi Problem please

Guest kuljit55

Guest kuljit55

Hi there, i have just brought a xda o2 Graphite and it was running on WM5, i am experiencing a problem with the Wi-Fi. I cant seem to switch it on, for example when i click on the wireless manager, and click on turn on wi-fi, it has no affect, and when i try to set up a network connection, i get the message " a network card is not present, please insert a network card and press done" any suggestions here?

So far i have tried hard resetting it, but no luck, also upgrading it to WM6, which had no luck. Has anyone had this experiance? Or know what the problem can be? Please help me, Thanks :)

• 2 months later...
Guest GnatGoSplat

I have exactly the same problem and even tried upgrading to the UK WM6 with no change.

Did you ever find a solution? Or did you sell your bad phone on eBay and I happened to buy it? :D

• 5 months later...
Guest danehardinge
Hi there, i have just brought a xda o2 Graphite and it was running on WM5, i am experiencing a problem with the Wi-Fi. I cant seem to switch it on, for example when i click on the wireless manager, and click on turn on wi-fi, it has no affect, and when i try to set up a network connection, i get the message " a network card is not present, please insert a network card and press done" any suggestions here?

So far i have tried hard resetting it, but no luck, also upgrading it to WM6, which had no luck. Has anyone had this experiance? Or know what the problem can be? Please help me, Thanks :lol:

Guest danehardinge

I bt a 2nd hand o2 xda graphite and I too have the same issue. TY for warning about the upgrade to wm6 and a hard rest being useless.

this phone did get internet but thru o2's subscription service

I have an o2 subscription sim but dont want to incur extra costs of o2 net access as have wireless most places i work

previous owner is going to try and help me ......

Dane

Guest GnatGoSplat

I never found a solution. I've been meaning to resell it, but never got around to it. If you find a solution, please respond to this thread with what that might be.

Guest danehardinge
I never found a solution. I've been meaning to resell it, but never got around to it. If you find a solution, please respond to this thread with what that might be.

I bought a benq on ebay £70 GBP which does it all as expected. Will keep Graphite for tomtom

May be something O2 have frigged in to make the phone peculiar toO2?

Dane